Big Push For Increased Productivity

snackdad

Just so everyone understands my position. I was not terminated for falsification. I do not condone falsification. I do know however that it is rampant. I have proof of it in the hand written lists of airbill numbers I find in trucks. And in the stories of the swing drivers who go out to help someone who is on break only to arrive at their pickups that have already been picked up by the person who is supposed to be on break.
I was terminated for standing up to the falsification and the intimidation of the managers. As a member of the Safety Committee and 20 years of perfect safety, I brought it up often and management literally turned their backs to me like they did not hear what I was saying. Their productivity goals mean nothing when they force an extra 20 stops on you in the morning despite what the route is capable of doing. Complain and you will get an OLCC for insubordination or worse. Contact HR and they will inform management and the real hunt begins.
Our station is still being run like this. Their numbers look great, their quarterly bonuses are big, all couriers are working through breaks and management looks the other way.

LTFedExer

Just so everyone understands my position. I was not terminated for falsification. I do not condone falsification. I do know however that it is rampant. I have proof of it in the hand written lists of airbill numbers I find in trucks. And in the stories of the swing drivers who go out to help someone who is on break only to arrive at their pickups that have already been picked up by the person who is supposed to be on break.
I was terminated for standing up to the falsification and the intimidation of the managers. As a member of the Safety Committee and 20 years of perfect safety, I brought it up often and management literally turned their backs to me like they did not hear what I was saying. Their productivity goals mean nothing when they force an extra 20 stops on you in the morning despite what the route is capable of doing. Complain and you will get an OLCC for insubordination or worse. Contact HR and they will inform management and the real hunt begins.
Our station is still being run like this. Their numbers look great, their quarterly bonuses are big, all couriers are working through breaks and management looks the other way.
What was the 'official' reason given for termination? I won't do any work on my break. If you got into an accident while working on break......the result wouldn't be pretty.

chanman

Wow snackdad, I thought things were crappy up here in UPS Canada.
We are what keeps UPS going and yet drivers are treated like the scum of the Earth and are nothing but a drain on the company.
How long have you been off work and has the union helped at all ?

snackdad

Hahahaha...Union! What Union? FedEx has no one to answer to except for the legal system. It is factored into their cost of business to do what they do. Easier to settle with one for a dollar amount in exchange for continuing to do business in a way that nets more in the long run. Take heart though, we are treated like the scum of the earth too. Luckily we have people working who see the bigger picture and are nice to people and happy on the inside because they are good people and are not doing it to follow a directive.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hahahaha...Union! What Union? FedEx has no one to answer to except for the legal system. It is factored into their cost of business to do what they do. Easier to settle with one for a dollar amount in exchange for continuing to do business in a way that nets more in the long run. Take heart though, we are treated like the scum of the earth too. Luckily we have people working who see the bigger picture and are nice to people and happy on the inside because they are good people and are not doing it to follow a directive.

I think Chanman is on the wrong forum. What you just said is right on the money. Everything FedEx does is filtered and determined by their exposure to liability and/or legal action. In short, their business model is to get away with whatever they can in terms of employee abuse. HR, the GFT and Open Door processes, and all of the policies we have to acknowledge are all designed to reveal any "flaws" that might result in legal action against FedEx. If your issue has any merit, you'll "win" the GFT or Open Door, or it will otherwise be dropped. Why? Because someone in the FedEx Legal Department has screened it and determined you might win in court. In other words, it might cost Fred some money to keep screwing you in one particular regard.

FedEx2000

No such thing as quarterly bonuses for mgmt, at least at the station level, AIC is paid out in July usually.....if there is one at all.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Which is true for just about every business in the U.S.

I just realized I let you off way too easy for this lame comment. Every business in the U.S. does not target employees or hunt them down like a heat-seeking missle like FedEx does. The effing second that you become a liability, FedEx is actively seeking to terminate your employment. It's an evil game that will eventually be exposed. I'll gladly cash the large class-action check when FedEx settles out of court because they know they're GUILTY!

By the way, if I criticize Fred S for wearing a plaid business suit, will you come on here and defend his sartorial splendor? God, you are such a suck-up.

quadro

I just realized I let you off way too easy for this lame comment.
Let's call it like it is. You didn't let me off easy you just needed time to think how you could twist what I said to fit your pathetic, vitriol infused agenda. I don't care if someone disagrees with me. That makes for good debate and discussion. By your own admission you are more educated than most so what you did here was not just an honest mistake or a disagreement because, after all, you wouldn't do something like that. What you tried to do by making my response fit your purpose of discrediting me and anyone that disagrees with you, was to seriously undermine your credibility and show exactly what your agenda is. At this point, I would have to believe that there is an extremely high probability that you are a paid union shill. You are here simply to supply misinformation and sway peoples' opinions of FedEx to drive them towards a union vote. There's no doubting that you want people to vote union as you've made that clear but what is now becoming clearer is that you are likely not just a disgruntled employee but a paid lackey for the unions. You accuse people here of being FedEx shills, well it seems that you are no better than those that you accuse.

Here's what you said
Everything FedEx does is filtered and determined by their exposure to liability and/or legal action.
And my response to that was
Which is true for just about every business in the U.S.
Which is very different to
Every business in the U.S. does not target employees or hunt them down like a heat-seeking missle like FedEx does. The effing second that you become a liability, FedEx is actively seeking to terminate your employment. It's an evil game that will eventually be exposed. I'll gladly cash the large class-action check when FedEx settles out of court because they know they're GUILTY!
Limiting a company's liability isn't the same thing as an employee becoming a liability. As to your timecard reference, I would agree with the fact that they are a pain now. But most/all of that is because of a lawsuit and in the past there was little, if any, control. The timecards aren't the way they are now to make life difficult for anyone, there that way because a relative handful of people, managers and hourlies, abused them and FedEx already paid up. Now FedEx is protecting itself and its employees from further lawsuits and any potential negative consequences. They are actually doing something right and it appears your union sponsor is trying to get you to make it look like it's a bad thing.

By the way, if I criticize Fred S for wearing a plaid business suit, will you come on here and defend his sartorial splendor? God, you are such a suck-up.
No, but if he's wearing a suit and you say he isn't, I'll gladly point out that you are wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's call it like it is. You didn't let me off easy you just needed time to think how you could twist what I said to fit your pathetic, vitriol infused agenda. I don't care if someone disagrees with me. That makes for good debate and discussion. By your own admission you are more educated than most so what you did here was not just an honest mistake or a disagreement because, after all, you wouldn't do something like that. What you tried to do by making my response fit your purpose of discrediting me and anyone that disagrees with you, was to seriously undermine your credibility and show exactly what your agenda is. At this point, I would have to believe that there is an extremely high probability that you are a paid union shill. You are here simply to supply misinformation and sway peoples' opinions of FedEx to drive them towards a union vote. There's no doubting that you want people to vote union as you've made that clear but what is now becoming clearer is that you are likely not just a disgruntled employee but a paid lackey for the unions. You accuse people here of being FedEx shills, well it seems that you are no better than those that you accuse.

Here's what you said
And my response to that was
Which is very different to
Limiting a company's liability isn't the same thing as an employee becoming a liability. As to your timecard reference, I would agree with the fact that they are a pain now. But most/all of that is because of a lawsuit and in the past there was little, if any, control. The timecards aren't the way they are now to make life difficult for anyone, there that way because a relative handful of people, managers and hourlies, abused them and FedEx already paid up. Now FedEx is protecting itself and its employees from further lawsuits and any potential negative consequences. They are actually doing something right and it appears your union sponsor is trying to get you to make it look like it's a bad thing.

No, but if he's wearing a suit and you say he isn't, I'll gladly point out that you are wrong.

I hear a giant sucking sound (apologies to Ross Perot).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Good for you!!! I bet it feels good now that the truth is out there. Is the union still going to pay you to post here?

Dude, I wish the union was paying me. How much is FedEx paying you? It's becoming increasingly obvious you are not an hourly employee. How would you know that re-surveys on the SFA were "common"? That's a corporate concern that would never be dealt with at the hourly level, nor revealed to hourlies.

quadro

Dude, I wish the union was paying me. How much is FedEx paying you? It's becoming increasingly obvious you are not an hourly employee. How would you know that re-surveys on the SFA were "common"? That's a corporate concern that would never be dealt with at the hourly level, nor revealed to hourlies.
Again, you have no clue do you? "Never dealt with at the hourly level nor revealed to hourlies?" How do you conduct re-surveys without telling the hourly employees who have to take the survey? Surely you are not that dense that you couldn't figure that one out. I take that back. We know you're not that dense because you've told us so the only explanation left is that you are here to give out misinformation and drum up union business. Are you on commission or straight salary?

I've taken a few re-surveys over the years. You always claim to have your finger on the pulse of FedEx because you "know" so many people around the country. Well guess what MrSmartyPants, I do too. And several of those people have taken re-surveys over the years. As I said, it's not that uncommon. Doesn't happen too often but it does happen. And you don't need to be a manager to know that you are taking a survey.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Again, you have no clue do you? "Never dealt with at the hourly level nor revealed to hourlies?" How do you conduct re-surveys without telling the hourly employees who have to take the survey? Surely you are not that dense that you couldn't figure that one out. I take that back. We know you're not that dense because you've told us so the only explanation left is that you are here to give out misinformation and drum up union business. Are you on commission or straight salary?

I've taken a few re-surveys over the years. You always claim to have your finger on the pulse of FedEx because you "know" so many people around the country. Well guess what MrSmartyPants, I do too. And several of those people have taken re-surveys over the years. As I said, it's not that uncommon. Doesn't happen too often but it does happen. And you don't need to be a manager to know that you are taking a survey.

FedEx doesn't advertise it's mistakes...even internally. I've been around a long time and never heard of a "re-survey" until just recently. If the SFA is such a great indicator, why re-test at all? Read my posts. many of which are extremely critical of the union, quite unlike your kiss-up tales that nearly always spin the "facts" in the favor of FedEx...kind of like FOX News. And, of course, the people re-taking the SFA know it...duh. What they don't know is the corporate methodology or rationale for the re-test.

Go ahead and try to discredit me. If it's your job, you suck at it, because I've consistently exposed your one-sided rants that almost always support FedEx. If Fred told you that putting heroin on your Cheerios was good for you...you'd do it, AND try to sell the rest of us on how FedEx has our best interests at heart. Get a bigger straw, and tell Maury he needs to hire better talent.