Bishop E. W. Jackson

bbsam

Staff member
Because I have not seen him post out of hate. And he has shown himself open to reasoned differences. Do you know what those are?

texan

Why don't you point out the thread or threads where Texan used "hate".

All is well. I am human like all.

I am made of flesh and blood, like all.

I slip like all posters at times.

Most times I will repent and when my tone is out of line, but I do not appreciate (better word than hate?)
the direction this country is going.

That I can not change, as I weight it against my values formed by common sense, and the
theme of Torah and the B'riyt HaHhadashah.

Whoops edit.. Old and New Testament.

wkmac

The charge of racism against conservatives is as airless as calling liberals communist. Both are straw men.

Dress an black man in African attire and many white so-called conservatives (not all) will have a knee jerk reaction but take that same black man and put him in a suit and those same conservatives pay little attention. Have the black man walk the walk and talk the talk and said black man is likely to get an invite to dinner.

It's not race, it's culture or a kind of nativism. And it's not exclusive to white folk either. Most people you think are racist when you talk them through their beliefs you'll find a deep fear that their culture is threatened and it may manifest itself in what appears as racism. Once you realize our American culture is already and has been a Heinz 57 of sorts, the reason for any fear seems to drift away.

Upsmule

I am sorry, texan, that your view is shared by the likes of upsmule. It seems odd that one can hold the same view both born of logical disagreement and hatred as well.
Why don't you point out the thread or threads where Texan used "hate".

Typical liberal logic. They even make laws against so called "hate crimes" as apposed to enforcing the many laws already on the books against crime crime! We now have "thought police" in order to charge those who don't agree with you for hate.....brilliant.

bbsam

Staff member
Typical liberal logic. They even make laws against so called "hate crimes" as apposed to enforcing the many laws already on the books against crime crime! We now have "thought police" in order to charge those who don't agree with you for hate.....brilliant.

Wrong. There are many here that I have fundamental and rigid differences with who nonetheless put forth their arguments in a decent, thoughtful, and respectful manner. You choose not to do so.

wkmac

Had the original laws against person and property been properly and equally applied as they should have, then the need and the cry of so-called hate crimes would not be needed.

I opposed hate crimes because it is a thought crime and nothing more, but we let the genie out of the bottle and now we'll suffer the over reach until it eats us up or a more rational conversation in this country takes place and past wrongs of exclusive language still on the books is stripped out.

All mankind are created equal is true and a worthy statement but added language to later water down that concept has to be dealt with. Until we are willing to get the eraser out, this conversation and problem goes nowhere but in circles and those capable of manipulation will be the only ones to benefit.