Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

35years

Gravy route
Anyone gambling?

These alternative currencies are gaining serious traction, and have made their investors very rich. Swiss Bank and a growing number of international corporations are accepting the new currencies (now over 260,000 merchants accepting Bitcoin in Japan alone). Microsoft, Dell, Subway etc etc

Litecoin, for example, has gone up 10 fold in 5 months.

Ripple soared 50 fold in 3 months before settling down to a 25 fold increase.

Litecoin (LTC) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

There is now serious discussion about the possibility of cryptos completely replacing cash. The dollar, and gold may soon be replaced.

A wise investor should have at least a little exposure in their portfolio, or they may miss the investment opportunity of a lifetime.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Here is an article by Rimas Kapeskas...

Does Global Trade Need A Global Currency?

Rimas Kapeskas is the Managing Director of the UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, a corporate venture capital group that focuses on developing critical partnerships and acquiring knowledge returns from its investments in information technology companies and emerging market-spaces.

Reprinted with permission of Longitudes, the UPS blog devoted to the trends shaping the global economy.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My daughter has been investing in Bitcoin and Ethereum for the past year. Has done quite well.
Maybe she can start paying for her own cellular bill soon.:rolleyes:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone gambling?

These alternative currencies are gaining serious traction, and have made their investors very rich. Swiss Bank and a growing number of international corporations are accepting the new currencies (now over 260,000 merchants accepting Bitcoin in Japan alone). Microsoft, Dell, Subway etc etc

Litecoin, for example, has gone up 10 fold in 5 months.

Ripple soared 50 fold in 3 months before settling down to a 25 fold increase.

Litecoin (LTC) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

There is now serious discussion about the possibility of cryptos completely replacing cash. The dollar, and gold may soon be replaced.

A wise investor should have at least a little exposure in their portfolio, or they may miss the investment opportunity of a lifetime.
This tells you how often I look at this section. Was just planning on opening up something about this.

I'm looking to ride the wave thru 2018 at least. Most analysts expect Ethereum to pass bitcoin in market cap in 2018. So I'm looking for at least a 10x return on it next year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s so volatile I’m not sure it’s worth it
It's volatile on a day to day basis but really the overall trend isn't that volatile.

Do you know anything about the block chain technology or bitcoin vs Ethereum and how the tech differs?

If not seriously at least do some research into it. Something like less than .1% of people use this. The room for growth is massive.

Bit coin could easily hit 100k in the next 5 years and that's not even bullish.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
CME is listing futures for bitcoin soon. Heard a guy suggest it could be the next derivative on a bubble to crash the whole market. Expect regulation sooner than later.