Blackout 11/21

emsmith0187

I was just checking to see when the blackout dates started in November of 2021 the issue is I started in September 2021 and I started paying my union dues in November and all this other stuff and right around Christmas I was told that I didn't have seniority even though I was already in the union and pretty sure I had my 30 days and I haven't been able to figure out what's really going on and haven't been called back in for work which as far as I know I have seniority over a lot of people who were hired after me and are working now while I'm not and I'm just trying to figure out what day exactly in November did the blackout begin so I know if I had my 30 Days by then or not which I didn't think that you could become Union until you had your 30 days so I'm a little confused and I'm not sure that my supervisor has any idea what the crap she's talking about

542thruNthru

I was just checking to see when the blackout dates started in November of 2021 the issue is I started in September 2021 and I started paying my union dues in November and all this other stuff and right around Christmas I was told that I didn't have seniority even though I was already in the union and pretty sure I had my 30 days and I haven't been able to figure out what's really going on and haven't been called back in for work which as far as I know I have seniority over a lot of people who were hired after me and are working now while I'm not and I'm just trying to figure out what day exactly in November did the blackout begin so I know if I had my 30 Days by then or not which I didn't think that you could become Union until you had your 30 days so I'm a little confused and I'm not sure that my supervisor has any idea what the crap she's talking about
Couple questions.

How do you know you've joined the union? I asked because in some areas seasonals still pay dues.

Do you know what local union you are?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you have a Mickey Mouse neck tattoo? Sick :censored2:!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
zoom in on her neck
Calm down over there.
1642335890221.png

UPSER1987

You need to borrow some periods from the quad decade guy. I couldn’t even finish reading this post. Geez.

DriverNerd

(b) Seasonal Employees: Time worked from November 1st through January 15th of the following year shall not accrue toward seniority.
This is from the Central supplement. Yours may vary.

Edit: Here is the rest of it in more detail:
(b) Seasonal Employees: Time worked from November 1st through January 15th of the following year shall not accrue toward seniority. This period may be extended upon approval from the Local Union. Any employee who is retained after January 15th or recalled within sixty (60) days after January 15th must work thirty (30) in a ninety (90) consecutive day period commencing with the first (1st) day worked after January 15th and his/her seniority shall revert back to the first (1st) day of his/her ninety (90) day qualification period. However, those employees hired prior to November 1st who are retained or recalled within sixty (60) days after January 15th will retain credit for the number of days worked prior to November 1st. These days retained will count toward the thirty (30) days worked in a ninety (90) consecutive day period commencing with the first (1st) day worked after January 15th and they shall be rehired on a six-for-one basis, as outlined elsewhere in this Agreement, and shall be placed on the seniority list with credit back to the first (1st) day worked after January 15th. An employee filling a permanent new job or job vacancy shall gain seniority under the thirty (30) working days in ninety (90) calendar days seniority provision.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Since you are new and @Indecisi0n is obviously not doing his job (again), I thought I would make you aware of this particular site rule per the Terms Of Service:

8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

emsmith0187

Since you are new and @Indecisi0n is obviously not doing his job (again), I thought I would make you aware of this particular site rule per the Terms Of Service:

8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.
I'm sry. Mistake corrected! Thanks for the clarification..