Blaine County soldier captured in Afghanistan

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Blaine County soldier captured in Afghanistan - Idaho Mountain Express

Pfc. Bowe R. Bergdahl, 23, whose parents live in Blaine County, had been declared missing on July 1. On July 3, his status was updated to "Missing-Captured."

According to The Associated Press, the Taliban had released a video of a captured U.S. soldier Saturday. Today, the Idaho Army National Guard confirmed that Bergdahl is that soldier.

Bergdahl's family lives outside of Hailey, in Blaine County. Previous reports had stated that the Bergdahls lived in Ketchum. Bowe's father, Bob, is reportedly a driver for United Parcel Service.

bigbrownhen

As a parent of a soldier, this is our worst fear. I can't imagine how hard this must be. I would want to go over there and kick in every door and search every blasted cave until I found my boy. God help anyone who got in my way. He and his family are and have been in my prayers.

bigbrownhen

Thank you. My boy is stationed overseas, but not in a war zone. It will be just a matter of time before he goes into a more dangerous area I imagine. I dealt with this with my husband in the Gulf War, so I have a little understanding of what to expect, but it is very different when its your child out there. Its a balance of extreme pride with alot of prayers.