Bluetooth in diad

Steward773

Does anyone know what the bluetooth function in the diad is for? I saw it for the first time the other day in the communications screen. :confused:1:

pretzel_man

Does anyone know what the bluetooth function in the diad is for? I saw it for the first time the other day in the communications screen. :confused:1

It allows the DIAD to communicate with other devices.

I heard that some places use a ring scanner to talk to the DIAD.

Other places use Bluetooth to have the DIAD communicate with a cell phone.

I guess the options are limitless with all the bluetooth devices available.

P-Man

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Bluetooh isn't nothing. Its just a form of wireless technology. Just be where you are paid to be, Telemax is a different story. I wouldn't drive miles off area if your Center Management tells you not to.

beentheredonethat

Does anyone know what the bluetooth function in the diad is for? I saw it for the first time the other day in the communications screen. :confused:1
One aspect of bluetooth is that if you have a large delivery stop, like a customer who gets 1000-1500 returns pkgs per day. The preload can scan using a ring scanner straight into a diad board.

DS

Fenderbender
One of the drivers in my loop delivers to a big cellphone store.The owner refers to his diad as a "brownberry"

BrownGuy

If you don't have radio coverage the DIAD can be linked to a cell phone and the DIAD can transmit the tracking information using the cell phone since we don't use DVA's anymore.

As others have said, you can link them to ring scanners to scan bulk deliveries too.

A

Anonymous Lurker

One of these days you'll wear a Bluetooth ear piece/DIAD setup to be in direct voice communication with your center manager all day. He'll be on the other end looking at your stops/hour in real time and telling you to go faster faster faster (safely of course)!!!

I have no real information on that, but technologically it's possible.

brownracer

With the latest software upgrade the DIAD can use short-range Bluetooth wireless communications (up to about 30 feet) to communicate with either a Bluetooth enabled Ring Scanner or a specific model data Bluetooth cell phone. The ring scanner allows bulk scanning entry in the preload into the DIAD. The cell phone allows the DIAD to communicate to the GPRS network on a frequency that is not covered with the DIAD's internal radio.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Remember, Bluetooth is just a method of data transmission, just like radio waves, string & 2 cans, smoke signals, morse code, and yelling real loud. It just has a generation XXXXX name to it, Bluetooth.

During driver training in INTEGRAD, the bluetooth on the diad was turned on to allow direct communication with a PC - so whatever you punched in on the DIAD communicated with the program running on the PC.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Why don,t the computer geeks come in and make it so the driver can use a finger scanner also. It would cut down on all the carpel tunnel syndrome(5 in our building). When we return to the P-car, we just stop complete. Would cut the use of the diad in half. Atleast/maybe more.

Big Babooba

Oreo in action.
Best chat mod we have.:happy2:
Oreo in action. What's the easiest way to get cat hair off my uniform?
543.jpg

Cementups

Box Monkey
Why don,t the computer geeks come in and make it so the driver can use a finger scanner also. It would cut down on all the carpel tunnel syndrome(5 in our building). When we return to the P-car, we just stop complete. Would cut the use of the diad in half. Atleast/maybe more.

I've been waiting for something like this that would have a blackberry type device for you to carry in a hip holster. If you need a signature then you would just pull out the BB and have them sign on it.