Boo

Non sequitur

What about free trade? Containers full of what? No panic here we just need to be smart. For some reason mainstream media promotes ignorance.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What about free trade? Containers full of what? No panic here we just need to be smart. For some reason mainstream media promotes ignorance.

Not saying the premise is unsound, just the excessively ridiculous scenario the author put forth. Some such attacks could be successful, but the scale of the work involved would require a large labor force, or factories set up to produce those weapons. Either way, it would not take long to figure out who is responsible and establish counter-measures.

Ignorance is promoted from all sectors of our society. Those who seek power would rather have a compliant work/fighting-force, incapable of critical thought. They are much easier to control.

BrownArmy

Omniviolence Is Coming and the World Isn’t Ready - Facts So Romantic - Nautilus

1950's Mayberry is looking better and better. Good ,smart
people need to stick together.

The surveillance aspect of that article reminds me of a sci-fi novella I read, where a planet-encompassing AI has been implemented to keep everyone safe, but the end result is that it basically prevents anyone from doing anything at all that could bring them harm.

Everybody's safe, but they all lead sterile boring lives because they're prevented from basically living.

But, the cameras are already everywhere, that's just going to increase.

China is on the vanguard of total population surveillance, but we're not far behind, and it's coming.