Bored of director

Dfigtree

Victor A. Pelson is a senior advisor for the investment banking firm of UBS Securities LLC in New York, NY. He previously was chairman of Global Operations for AT&T, with responsibility for AT&T’s operations in the U.S. and around the world. Pelson started with AT&T in 1959 as an engineer and held a variety of assignments in different departments, including engineering, operations, finance, marketing and sales. At the time of his retirement from AT&T in 1996, he was a member of the AT&T Board of Directors and the Management Executive Committee.
Pelson received a bachelor’s degree from New Jersey Institute of Technology and a master’s degree from New York University.
He is a member of the Board of Directors of Eaton Corporation, The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, and has served on the UPS Board of Directors since 1990.

Here's one of the board members for 16 years. You don't have to look far to determine why the shareholders have not received a fair return on their investment. This guy doesn't do anything except attend board meetings: at UPS, at some company named Eaton, and at D&B. His educational background is worthy, but not stellar enough for UPS. NJIT is not exactly an Ivy League University. His time spent at AT&T cannot be considered anything but a negative given what happened to AT&T. AT&T, a stock so safe it was always recommended for widows and orphans, sank so low that it was bought out by BELL SOUTH Bell south then changed their own name to the more recognizable AT&T. This guy must be about 70 years young which really makes him a tad too senior to understand the in's and out's of the modern technology that drives the transportation business today. Can he understand MP3, or YOUTUBE or MYSPACE? He has to go. Do you want this man voting for UPS' CEO? Vote him off the board.

canon

Here's one of the board members for 16 years. You don't have to look far to determine why the shareholders have not received a fair return on their investment. This guy doesn't do anything except attend board meetings: at UPS, at some company named Eaton, and at D&B. His educational background is worthy, but not stellar enough for UPS. NJIT is not exactly an Ivy League University. His time spent at AT&T cannot be considered anything but a negative given what happened to AT&T. AT&T, a stock so safe it was always recommended for widows and orphans, sank so low that it was bought out by BELL SOUTH Bell south then changed their own name to the more recognizable AT&T. This guy must be about 70 years young which really makes him a tad too senior to understand the in's and out's of the modern technology that drives the transportation business today. Can he understand MP3, or YOUTUBE or MYSPACE? He has to go. Do you want this man voting for UPS' CEO? Vote him off the board.
That's not quite the way it was reported:
NEW YORK (Reuters) -- AT&T Inc. will begin next week to extinguish the brand of cellphone operator Cingular, built up with billions of dollars over a few years, to imprint its more-than-century-old name firmly across its services.

AT&T (Charts), which took full control of No. 1 U.S. mobile carrier Cingular with its $86 billion purchase of BellSouth Corp. last month, will launch a campaign Monday to mark the change.

Is this reported incorrectly?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That's not quite the way it was reported:

Is this reported incorrectly?
Yes, I use BellSouth and Cingular, and AT&T has bought them out and will change the names to AT&T. I use Bellsouth DSL, don't know yet if my E-mail address will change.

Another note, the Board of Directors still has two or three guys that started working at UPS as Part Timers, contrary to popular belief. I used to work for Jim Winestock in the Atlanta Hub. I'm not making excuses for the Stock price, just stating facts.