Boxing Day

alister

Hmmm....maybe it was me that missed something.

Is not Boxing Day celebrated by the well-off exchanging places with the less fortunate? Or the bosses exchanging places with the employees?

Tell us O Canadian Counterparts, what is Boxing Day, and how is it celebrated?

UPS management in Canada didn't want to deal with the packages (and grievances that would be generated by union employees for management touching boxes) by working in place of the employees so they decided that is just another holiday and that no one would work.

DS

Fenderbender
Playing hockey and drinking Pilsner.....Amen
Amen indeed sir.
In my case it would be watching people play hockey,playing with my new toys, plus the beer thing,and hot turkey samiches,a nice space walk through the pristeen snow to look at the Christmas lights,and a chuckle about those poor Americans that are just getting home from work.Not only that but feb 18th is family day!:wink2:

Browner

Amen indeed sir.
In my case it would be watching people play hockey,playing with my new toys, plus the beer thing,and hot turkey samiches,a nice space walk through the pristeen snow to look at the Christmas lights,and a chuckle about those poor Americans that are just getting home from work.Not only that but feb 18th is family day!:wink2:
And we actually here in Ontario (Canada) did get the Family Day holiday off:happy-very: but didn't know it until a week before:biting:(oh and we didn't get paid for it)(a one day forced lay-off) as last year when the holiday was first observed we had to work.