Brett Favre Poll

What should Brett Favre do today?

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Minnesota Vikings travel to Gillette Stadium to play the New England Patriots this afternoon. Brett Favre has started 291 consecutive games, a streak dating back to 1992, and will be a game time decision as to whether he will start the game today.
Vikings coach Brad Childress has said that the decision is his and that he will do what is best for the best while being mindful of the streak.

I think it is time for Brett to retire. He is clearly hurting the team and is more interested in personal goals. His numbers are down considerably. Tavaris Jackson is more than capable of taking over at QB.

clueless

I also voted for retirement--I was hoping last year he would've made it to the Superbowl and emerged the victor there (not that I'm by any means a Viking fan--Go Steelers!--I just thought the human drama of it all would've been inspiring). After the Vikings lost to the Saints in the NFC playoffs, I was hoping that Favre would go out with a Superbowl ring this year. However, after the recent revelations regarding his stint at the NY Jets and the sexting problem, my image of him just imploded. Utterly gross and disgusting conduct (assuming the allegations are true--and I believe his non-denials speak to his guilt quite loudly).

rod

Retired 22 years
Even though I'm from Minnesota I believe its time for him to retire. He was fun to watch last year but this year he just don't have the pazazz he had in the past. You won't get him to set on the bench so I fully expect to see him play no matter how injured he is. Hes had a great career. I vote for him to start the game. Telling Bret Favre he can't play football is like telling a retired driver he shouldn't be posting on the Brown Cafe. You're wasting your time.