brisk pace

Wizzy

After day 3 of ojs ride sup told me I seemed to have lost my sense of urgency. I replied after 26 yrs it had turned to sense of hope!

ymelord

friend''m just keep busy, and do the job by the methods, if your not taking breaks or talking to much there is much they do

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I seem to remember "3 feet per second" as the recommended pace.

You can make up a lot of time by maintaining a brisk pace while doing residential stops.

You should be walking between here

When I work, I walk at the pace that I would expect from someone who I was paying $30 an hour.

If I'm paying them $30 an hour to get an important job done as quickly as possible, that means I really dont want to pay them $30 an hour to sit in the ER because they were running like a damn fool and fell down and hurt themselves.

We work in a world full of slick porches and curbs and loose gravel and mud and snow and kids toys strewn across the yards. I tend to be a much more effective employee when I dont fall on my 260 lb ass.

Hustle...but hustle smart.

and here. If you are not, work on it.

Buck Fifty

Brisk pace : The pace you would go if you were gonna do this job for 3 days. (or as upstate said 3 ft per sec.)

My pace : The pace you would go if you are gonna do this job for 12 more years.

Ultimately you need to find your pace. Which is one you can consistently keep, while performing your job by the methods, with as few mistakes as possible.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
A supervisor jokingly said to me once that I wasn't walking at a brisk pace. I told him that he was only 5'6", and that I'm 6'2", that my stride is much larger than yours and that of the average UPS driver, so there is no need for me to walk at a brisk pace. We both laughed it off and went about our day.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Seems that every year during my annual safety ride my supervisor brings up my lack of a brisk pace. He is always way out in front of me as we are walking off stops and says that my pace should keep up with his. I tell him that he only needs to keep that pace for a day while mine has to last thirty years. State that if I move much faster I feel a pull in my hamstrings which could lead to a low back flare up and a loss time injury.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Two years ago the Health and Safety Manager and his minion performed a ORO on me and when they meet up with me to go over the result of their observation one of the things was that my walk pace was to slow, I did all I could do not to laugh in his face imagine having the safety guy telling you that you are being to safe. The manager then told his minion to demonstrate what he call the “proper walk pace” to me. I info him well how do you think I made it 17 yrs. with out a lost time injury. The next day the center manager call me up to his office to go over the result and sure enough he put in the result that my walk pace was to slow. I told my center manager I would work on it and maybe next time when he is following me I will take my hands out of my pockets when walking.

BigBeef42

Brisk pace is referring to the maximum speed you are aloud to walk/move. Not the required speed.

When you go to the bathroom, do you need a NASCAR pit crew?

Im a preloader who was hired right before a peak season. I worked hard because I wanted to keep the job. The new hires we are getting at this time of the year are a complete joke. They work extremely slow (and stupid). These arent kids either. They are pathetic lazy adults who were hired because we are short staffed. I want the supervisors to boot them out so that they can wake up and realize how worthless they are.