British Open and the cost

texan

I know we hit lotteries hard here, but England and California will
eat up 61% of Phil Miklelson's British Open winnings.

Is this fair? My goodness...

Price of Victory: Phil Mickelson Hit With 61% Tax Bite on UK Winnings

Phil Mickelson had a last round for the history books at the British Open, and now he's got a
tax bill to match.

Mickelson, a 43 year-old Californian, won golf's oldest tournament by birdying four of the last six holes.

His prize for this impressive feat: £945,000, or $1.43 million
Price of Victory: Phil Mickelson Hit With 61% Tax Bite on UK Winnings - DailyFinance

texan

Still not a bad payday for doing something other people pay to do for fun.
Should they tax the pay of the NFL that comes over to play for an exhibition, or the 1st game of the
season and should California also tax the LA Rams when they perform a game in England? grrrrr

I see why we rebeled against England in 1776, and why people leave the West Coast.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Maybe he will get a break if he rakes the sand back nicely and replaces his divots. All I know about golfing I learned watching "Caddyshack".

Upsmule

Way to go Mickelson. A great family man in spite of his success. And his beautiful bride a breast cancer survivor. Kudos to them.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The taxes suck.

However, Phil is a humble man and one thing he will never reveal is how difficult it and painful is to play with psoriatic arthritis, one of those (crappy) autoimmune disorders.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The taxes suck.

However, Phil is a humble man and one thing he will never reveal is how difficult it and painful is to play with psoriatic arthritis, one of those (crappy) autoimmune disorders.

He will do commercials for drugs that combat it though and there is nothing wrong with that.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
He will do commercials for drugs that combat it though and there is nothing wrong with that.

Combat? No. Reduce inflammation and scaly skin rashes? yes
Daily injections...for the rest of his life.
He is a role model for me when I want to call it quits.

And I would do commercials for Copaxone / Multiple Sclerosis.
I would be paid, I would draw awareness and I may be a role model...I only need to affect one life to make a difference.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Combat? No. Reduce inflammation and scaly skin rashes? yes
Daily injections...for the rest of his life.
He is a role model for me when I want to call it quits.

And I would do commercials for Copaxone / Multiple Sclerosis.
I would be paid, I would draw awareness and I may be a role model...I only need to affect one life to make a difference.

My daughter is 24 and has to walk with a cane a lot of the time. She has a form of arthritis called Anklyosing Spondylitis that is causing her spine to fuse together. It also causes random inflammation attacks in her eyes. She usef to have to go to the chemotherapy ward to get monthly infusions of a drug called Rimicaid, but it wasnt helping much and the side effects were horrible. Now she takes Humera. It was a godsend for her when Obamacare passed and she could go back on to my insurance. That ends once ahe turns 26 tho, and I have ni clue what we will do after that.

My daughter is 24 and has to walk with a cane a lot of the time. She has a form of arthritis called Anklyosing Spondylitis that is causing her spine to fuse together. It also causes random inflammation attacks in her eyes. She usef to have to go to the chemotherapy ward to get monthly infusions of a drug called Rimicaid, but it wasnt helping much and the side effects were horrible. Now she takes Humera. It was a godsend for her when Obamacare passed and she could go back on to my insurance. That ends once ahe turns 26 tho, and I have ni clue what we will do after that.
Sorry for your pain Soberups..We all think we have it bad, until you realize you got it pretty good. God bless you and your family. Im not the most religious person, but I will say a prayer for your daughter.

DS

Fenderbender
Sober,I could tell right off you are emotional on this subject.
You made spelling errors ,lol.
I respect you and hope with all my heart that
your daughter gets the help she needs in years to come.
It makes me wonder how many other of us are facing things we never thought we'd have to face.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I believe Mick Mars of Motley Crue is also afflicted with this terrible thing. Amazing he is still able to perform.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby does the sheet of exercises/stretches daily and that first word is at the top of that sheet.....(anklyosing or some form of it.) It's back-strengthening.......he has Spondylolisthesis.

He had spinal fusion surgery in the 80's.