But how would you quit

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would give 2 weeks written notice and continue doing my job in a professional manner until my last day. I would want the final day of a 27+ year career to be a positive experience, not some juvenile revenge fantasy. If I want revenge I would buy a new truck and boat after I retired and drive it into the parking lot in the morning to show it off to the management people who were on their way in to a miserable day at work.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would give 2 weeks written notice and continue doing my job in a professional manner until my last day. I would want the final day of a 27+ year career to be a positive experience, not some juvenile revenge fantasy. If I want revenge I would buy a new truck and boat after I retired and drive it into the parking lot in the morning to show it off to the management people who were on their way in to a miserable day at work.

Sit in your boat in the parking lot drinking beer and wave at the trucks leaving the building.

texan

I agree! 2 weeks (the unofficial courtesy rule) in the US, and you
make a great point Sober, "continue doing my job in a professional manner until my last day" Great post and I agree!

I might hire 2 each "helpers" to do my bidding for my last two weeks, that can
follow directions, and say nothing in back talk to me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If I were ever really gonna stick it to them. I would drive a loaded up truck about 100 miles away park it and have someone come get me. Then I would say I had a mental break down and beg for my job back. Just so I could do it again

We had a driver do almost that. He had his new business all set up, came to work, drove to the far end of his route and stopped in a little diner for a long lunch with his wife. Locked the keys in the back and called the center around 5:00 to tell them where the truck was.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I would call from the parking lot that they could come get their uniforms. I would then put them in a neat pile, set them on fire, and dance naked around them. Or I would just give them two weeks and call it a career. Dancing naked would just make people puke.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The same could be said for any job. But if I'm going to work for just the hell of it....I think I'd like a job with a comfy office chair, (preferably one that swivels)..and AC.
Now you sound like Photog.
View attachment 14349
At age 55 I experienced this to some extent.
Still had and have Brown Blood and so some days I worked long hours but not many.
Gave it up after 3 1/2 years and retired at 58 1/2 last year but those were the best and least stressful 3 1/2 years at UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would call from the parking lot that they could come get their uniforms. I would then put them in a neat pile, set them on fire, and dance naked around them. Or I would just give them two weeks and call it a career. Dancing naked would just make people puke.
But setting them on fire may be therapeutic ;)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a driver do almost that. He had his new business all set up, came to work, drove to the far end of his route and stopped in a little diner for a long lunch with his wife. Locked the keys in the back and called the center around 5:00 to tell them where the truck was.
Nice....were his airs still in the truck at 5pm? lol

oldngray

nowhere special
warning-not-light-self-fire--large-msg-121107027971.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What an a-hole.

We had a driver do the same thing, call from the tavern at 6:00 with a car full of stops, and I wound up staying out until 10:00 every night that week trying to get caught up.

If you want to quit, at least have enough respect for your coworkers to call in that morning instead of stiffing an entire route.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a PC driver who had been complaining about his loads, amount of work, etc. Came to work on a Friday to a bricked 1000. Drove it out to the employee parking lot, parked it, got into his own car and went home. Nobody even noticed it for several hours.