buyback?

H

hr

I recently heard that UPS was considering using the IRS windfall to fund a stock buyback. Anyone else heard this rumor?

D

devilsadvocate

I beleve UPS anounced a several billion dollar stock buy back, sometimes in the fall of 2002.
I had calculated it to represent about $2200 for each employee=220000. It sure would make a nice Anniversary gift.

U

upscorpis

Okay, I'll bite. Are you suggesting that this money just be dispersed or are you being facetious?

D

devilsadvocate

cheers.gif
Upscorpis, no, very serious check out my earlier post in new logo. If we choose not to do this, then take the advertising dollars and give them to every employee. It would be money well spent and a win-win situation would be created , There is no better way to celebrate your 100th. Then the world would know how great of a company we really are (Maybe I aught to put this one in the suggestion box).

D

devilsadvocate

upscorpis,

2001 Press Releases

UPS Board Sets Dividend, Announces Share Repurchase

WILMINGTON, Del., May 16, 2001 -- The Board of Directors of United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE: UPS), at its regularly scheduled meeting, today declared a quarterly cash dividend of 19-cents per share on all outstanding Class A and Class B shares.

The dividend is payable on June 8, 2001, to shareowners of record on May 30, 2001. The Board also approved the use of up to $1.3 billion to repurchase Class A and Class B shares.

UPS, founded in 1907, is the world's largest express carrier and largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services, serving more than 200 countries and territories. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., the company is located on the Web at http://www.ups.com.