Buying fedex P&D routes - wanted to contact sellers.

It will be fine

I was referring to new people who were coming in off the street. The individual you're talking about said this: "I don't really want any additional routes but I have to have them just to keep the one route I drive myself and all I ask is that the additional routes can cover their own expenses".
That’s not going to be a successful mindset. Is everyone in your area terrible at running a business?

bacha29

That’s not going to be a successful mindset. Is everyone in your area terrible at running a business?
Perhaps you're right in one regard. To be able to hide behind the banner ( or should I say excuse) called business, you must be completely devoid of a conscience . Furthermore operating conditions in a depressed mountainous rural area are completely different from the ones you are familiar with. Such as dispatched routes in rural areas that are money losing pursuits for the company even more so if that area is contracted. I mean you're talking 250+ miles for 30 stops. Now if the terminal can get some unsuspecting contractor to send out that so called supplemental with no core zone, no van availability , no mileage, no fuel supplement stop and piece volume only imagine the savings and the positive impact it would have for the terminals bottom line. And do it on a daily basis, there's no reason for them to contract the area if they've got some dumb contractor who's foolish enough to send a sup.....you tell me why would they do it if there's no need to? Especially at a profit challenged terminal that was designated for closing twice in it's first 3 years of operation. This is turn turned up the heat on the question of what is a supplemental and what is a noncontracted route?

It will be fine

Perhaps you're right in one regard. To be able to hide behind the banner ( or should I say excuse) called business, you must be completely devoid of a conscience . Furthermore operating conditions in a depressed mountainous rural area are completely different from the ones you are familiar with. Such as dispatched routes in rural areas that are money losing pursuits for the company even more so if that area is contracted. I mean you're talking 250+ miles for 30 stops. Now if the terminal can get some unsuspecting contractor to send out that so called supplemental with no core zone, no van availability , no mileage, no fuel supplement stop and piece volume only imagine the savings and the positive impact it would have for the terminals bottom line. And do it on a daily basis, there's no reason for them to contract the area if they've got some dumb contractor who's foolish enough to send a sup.....you tell me why would they do it if there's no need to? Especially at a profit challenged terminal that was designated for closing twice in it's first 3 years of operation. This is turn turned up the heat on the question of what is a supplemental and what is a noncontracted route?
10 years since any of those terms have been relevant.

bacha29

10 years since any of those terms have been relevant.
And it was a battle from the very beginning to end those terms because they were not going to be given up without a fight on the part of Fat Freddy. So enjoy your improved terms . Just don't forget that somebody else fought to get them.

It will be fine

And it was a battle from the very beginning to end those terms because they were not going to be given up without a fight on the part of Fat Freddy. So enjoy your improved terms . Just don't forget that somebody else fought to get them.
Yes pat yourself on the back for continuing to contract with a company you hate so they could offer more contracts that you don’t understand but still hate. Bravo Zulu!

oldrps

An outstanding job explaining to the prospective buyer just how treacherous the venture can be due entirely to the matter by which Ground constructed it. And one thing has never changed over the years and not likely to ever change as long as Fat Freddy can get away with it. .......... NOTHING"S BINDING !. That fact cannot be emphasized strongly enough.

Here's a decent example. We had this kid come in at the terminal. He was a T/T owner operator (not RPS/FXG) tired of getting his rates cut. There was a route opening up and we all told him ..."don't do it", because we knew what was coming.. Walmart Dist. was opening up 35 miles down the road He wouldn't listen he took that P&D route. Starts out with a P1000 then when WM opened up he buys a huge pull behind trailer. The biggest one I ever saw. So he starts hauling WM down from the terminal. Well, what happens? He gets his CZ cut in half. A few months later WM starts going in a trailer for LH to take down . So there he was , a trailer he was making payments on but no longer had use for and a core zone that was cut in half and never did go back up despite him being a world class kiss up. All we could say to was..... "nothing's binding". He was out of there soon afterward. Fat Freddy has and will continue to whatever best serves him and the fact that you were required to invest money means nothing to him.
I have to congratulate you on a well explained example. Just out of curiosity, what was the core zone amount before the Wal-Mart DC center opened up?

We never had a very large customer open up in a rural area where I was so I never experienced that. I would have fought to get the core zone raised back up for the contractor if it went to a trailer drop.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Well there's that...

I'm just waiting for this thread to devolve into a pissing match about politics.

If there is any place on the internet for that to happen, the FedEx section of BC would be the place.
I did own fdxcafe.com
I’ll have to check with my registrar if I still own that

bacha29

Yes pat yourself on the back for continuing to contract with a company you hate so they could offer more contracts that you don’t understand but still hate. Bravo Zulu!
Oh, we read them alright. And it was a battle from beginning to the end. And unfortunately for those who remain while having it better than we had it the battle will go on.

bacha29

I have to congratulate you on a well explained example. Just out of curiosity, what was the core zone amount before the Wal-Mart DC center opened up?

We never had a very large customer open up in a rural area where I was so I never experienced that. I would have fought to get the core zone raised back up for the contractor if it went to a trailer drop.
Don't you remember the key word in that debacle? TEMPORARY core zone. And Randy's contract (you know , those 1 year decrees ) was month's away from expiration his cz was cut thanks to WM despite his investment yet despite losing WM his cz was never restored to the level his remaining volume would have dictated. So the happy result was a trailer he had no use for , a cz based on a stop he no longer had. No wonder he quit.
In my case when terminal operations were moved to a larger facility just 2 miles down the road my cz was cut 23 dollars a day but the contract said no more than $10 a day... their answer " In the case of terminals moves that provision doesn't apply" And because NO language existed in the contract regarding terminal relocation they were free to do whatever they damn well please in this case and so the CZ was cut even though the move only represented a 4 mile daily savings. That's nothing in a rural area where 250 miles a day is nothing and 400 was not all that unusual. Once again it comes down to the same inescapable fact..... Nothing's Binding.