Buying ROUTES/ISP Don't trust Fedex Or Contractors

bacha29

I've been a driver since 2004. So yeah, sure I got it all handed to me...
So in other words you are an contractor employed driver. If so then why are you taking umbrage with these discussions I and others are having regarding the legal complexities of contracting with XG?

bacha29

Contracted in 2007. Bought in by the way.
Right the company had already been started up and going for 22 years, that's right for nearly a generation by the time you showed up. What you're unhappy about is that when I and others pull back the velvet curtain and confront you with just how precarious a position you happen to be in you don't like it . It's important that somebody does because in case you may have missed it XG makes one fact perfectly clear. It is NOT in the business of creating equity or building enterprises for contractors.

Exec32

The only contractors who can make some money off this mess is the ones who got their routes for nothing, if they don’t stay in too long.
Only a boob would invest money in this nonsense.
I haven’t been following this site too much. I was just wondering, are these routes selling when they go up for sale?
Only if X consents to a sale. It takes months if not years to find an eligible (fool), and one with money. The problem is that those fools are getting harder to find, and these contractors numbers or profit is getting worse. The last problem is because of scale, the sale price is becoming much to high, but the contractor has so many cost now they dont have room to negotiate.
Oh I forgot, you guys know if X doesn't want you to sell, or if they think the new guy will cause to many problems, you will not get that consent.

FedGT

All depends on the supply and demand in any area. My area they sell and sell fast. There have been many small deal there have been a few million dollar deals. There is a broker that typically sells most of them for contractors. One large set of routes this broker sold 4 times to different buyers within a year. All the investors thought it would be a cake walk absentee business. The broker made off well though at a 10%+ commission. I have seen some in major saturated markets sit for years.

12yearsaslave

Right the company had already been started up and going for 22 years, that's right for nearly a generation by the time you showed up. What you're unhappy about is that when I and others pull back the velvet curtain and confront you with just how precarious a position you happen to be in you don't like it . It's important that somebody does because in case you may have missed it XG makes one fact perfectly clear. It is NOT in the business of creating equity or building enterprises for contractors.
The :censored2: you talking about? H was not 22 years old. I bought a single route and now I have 200 employees. And when did I say I was unhappy? This compony provided for my family for over a decade.

bacha29

The :censored2: you talking about? H was not 22 years old. I bought a single route and now I have 200 employees. And when did I say I was unhappy? This compony provided for my family for over a decade.
Dan Sullivan started up Roadway Package System in Akron Ohio in 1985. When you came on the company had already changed ownership 3 times.

bacha29

BTW 200 employees huh? If you're like the majority of contractors they're out there working for half what the average UPS driver gets and probably no benefits. Is that what you call providing for a family? And don't try to tell me something different because I know for a fact that the rate structure is based on a labor cost in that range.

It will be fine

BTW 200 employees huh? If you're like the majority of contractors they're out there working for half what the average UPS driver gets and probably no benefits. Is that what you call providing for a family? And don't try to tell me something different because I know for a fact that the rate structure is based on a labor cost in that range.
If you have over 50 employees you have to offer health insurance. It’s pretty common around here for health benefits and 401k’s to be offered by contractors.

bacha29

The employer offering health insurance is one thing. The employer paying the premiums is another thing altogether. I know that there is a tax credit for picking up a certain percentage of the premiums but it's not a dollar for dollar match.

It will be fine

The employer offering health insurance is one thing. The employer paying the premiums is another thing altogether. I know that there is a tax credit for picking up a certain percentage of the premiums but it's not a dollar for dollar match.
Different states mandate the percentage of premiums employers have to pay. The ACA requires the plans be affordable, meaning ~10% of your employee’s household income. I doubt there are many, if any, employers offering health benefits without picking up at least 50% of the premium.

bacha29

Different states mandate the percentage of premiums employers have to pay. The ACA requires the plans be affordable, meaning ~10% of your employee’s household income. I doubt there are many, if any, employers offering health benefits without picking up at least 50% of the premium.
I think one of the reasons why the ACA was so roundly criticized was it's complexity. But, the last poll results I saw the ACA had a 54% approval . I know a few people who at the beginning demonized it . There was nothing too crass or indignant they could say about it... But, now that they've learned how it works and how to make it work there's no limit to their praise of it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I’ve come to the conclusion that Orion is just a glutton for punishment. He seems to be a dedicated, hard-working guy. Why on earth he continues allowing himself to be beaten down by FXG as he does, when he could go somewhere else where his work ethic could better his life is a mystery to me, but I suppose none of us knows what it’s like to walk in another guy’s shoes til we’ve walked in that guy’s shoes.

All I know is you couldn’t pay me enough to be out delivering crap to resis anywhere near the midnight hour..... ‘friend’ that s#it :thumbdown