Call Tags

old levi's

blank space
Call tags are the mother of all time killers. When a call tag is issued why can't the call tag show the 1Z # of the package that is to be picked up. Then the customer wiil know, the driver will know, and there will be order in the universe once again. How hard is that? I get call tags going back to places with a different name from the original shipper.

Someone is going to say the idiot driver will scan the wrong barcode. ( Don't barcode it / Just give us the number) PLEASE

browned_out

This will always be a problem, I get calltags all the time for stuff sent out by fed ex, usps, dhl, etc. As far as picking up stuff that we delivered, I think it would be a great ideal. It really falls on the shipper to give all info on pkg to be picked up, there are reference lines they can use for this purpose.

browniehound

i never attempt call tags within 10 minutes on my lunch break regardless if i'm 250 yards from the stop. 9 times out of 10 ill be stuck at a house while a housewive calls 3 people trying to fing out which item she wants to sends back

keith lestrange

there is an allowance as its a collection really
we get call tags all the time mainly for xbox colls and playstations
and dont get me started on the ipod call tags !!!!:mad:

Jagz

I know for sure my center gets allowance for the call tags. We have PAS (EDD) so it shows it in the board as a regular stop.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Years ago when call tags were first introduced, it was for UPS delivered pkgs only. What would really help is if the shipper would print out the item description instead of sticking a stock number in there. Driver tracers are about the same. There are multiple packages I might deliver to a consignee from the same shipper in a weeks time. Then you get a DT on a package with no item description. Well sure he got the package but exactly what item?

BigBrownSanta

How could this be? A call tag counts as a delivery stop and a delivered pkg. There has to be some time allowance
On my last production ride, the sup kept looking at an allowance "cheatsheet". When we went to lunch, he went to the restroom and I glanced at the sheet. The allowance for a call tag was 0 zero seconds. I specifically remember it because it was so odd considering how long it takes to make a call tag pickup. Maybe some of the IE guys who lurk on this forum can clarify it...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
On my last production ride, the sup kept looking at an allowance "cheatsheet". When we went to lunch, he went to the restroom and I glanced at the sheet. The allowance for a call tag was 0 zero seconds. I specifically remember it because it was so odd considering how long it takes to make a call tag pickup. Maybe some of the IE guys who lurk on this forum can clarify it...

Any thats why, the numbers are soooo out of kilter.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I thought I heard at one time that letterboxes also have no allowance, thats why they have a different unit number that is not close to the loop that its in, anyone with one on their route, check it out.

brownrodster

I have never had a problem with a call tag.

I enter the business, state that I have a call tag, and am immediately directed to the package that is to be picked up. If it's the wrong package I don't care, they told me that was the right one.