Can i file if they have people under seniority driver helping before me?

Stroud26

So I've been with the company over a year now, went to driving school and passed. Just my seniority is too low to drive during the week. So I was the 3rd person to sign the driver helper sheet and they called me and I said I would like to "jump" because I won't be driving much if any at all. Here we are a couple weeks into peak and they are driving helping everyone but me and hiring new people off the street to help.

Stroud26

Seniority, as measured by length of continuous service with the Company, shall prevail at all times.
I've told 2 driver supervisors about this and they still have failed to help me. I'm just unsure of what to do at this point. Do I contact my hub supervisor? Local Union Rep?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've told 2 driver supervisors about this and they still have failed to help me. I'm just unsure of what to do at this point. Do I contact my hub supervisor? Local Union Rep?

Ask a steward. It sounds like you are a preseniority driver. In general, while making book, if the company isn't having you drive, you can bump back into the building. You should be able to work both preload and local sort if you want the hours. I don't believe you have claim to helper work before the outside hires, or before the part timers, since you are technically not a part timer right now, and you haven't gained seniority as a full timer yet. But I could be wrong.