Can I get fired for not working fast enough, and how could I work faster

Nimnim

The Nim
Actually this is my 5th week. My supervisors say they like me, but just push me to work faster.

So you've not made seniority yet, yes they can let you go because you're in the probation period without any recourse from you. If you keep showing up everyday and put in a solid effort and show even a little improvement you're likely to be ok.

It's been a few years since I was in the unload but depending on the size of the trailer without irregs, it can take between 45 minutes to an hour 15 minutes while still preforming adequately. To their standards, you're going slow, but unless they don't have a demand for more bodies in the area I wouldn't worry as long as you're putting in an honest effort and they can see you're likely to improve.

If you're 5 weeks in though and they look at how you're doing and it's more or less a straight line(or dropping) on their chart of how your production is doing they may end up passing you up and hoping the next person will do better.

Dr.Brownz

Boy it's hard to imagine why your management team and you don't get along.

Yeah it didn't sound like the supervisor was being a negative jerk. \Nope it's the drivers fault for not making an impossible dispatch work. Good work their management. Please tell me some more safety tips

Dr.Brownz

They have me unloading trailers, and yesterday I finished the trailer in like 1 hour and 45 minutes, and my supervisors said I did a good job on it. Today there was a trailer that had more Bulk on it than the one yesterday, and I spent over 2 hours trying to finish this one. My supervisor told me today that I need to work faster. Can I get fired for not working fast enough? and how could I work better and faster at it?. Should I push myself to do better than my best? Or workout during the day? or get better sleep?. Or what would you recommend?.

Just say yes everytime a supervisor says something like that and then keep working at a safe and comfortable pace. They cannot do anything. It is that easy. Just say yes and then completely ignore what they said about going fast. My first steward always said, the more work they put on you, the slower you need to go.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They have me unloading trailers, and yesterday I finished the trailer in like 1 hour and 45 minutes, and my supervisors said I did a good job on it. Today there was a trailer that had more Bulk on it than the one yesterday, and I spent over 2 hours trying to finish this one. My supervisor told me today that I need to work faster. Can I get fired for not working fast enough? and how could I work better and faster at it?. Should I push myself to do better than my best? Or workout during the day? or get better sleep?. Or what would you recommend?.
did you get fired or not

SmithBarney

Just show up everyday regardless. UPS has a major problem with the turnover rate.
Bingo! Show up, work hard and safe, you'll be fine. UPS really doesn't want to have to hire more people, think about it, it's like roulette for them, they've got you, the next guy could be worse...it's not worth the cost/risk(unless you are a complete failure)

john chesney

I would recommend not giving a :censored2:. You’re going to have to learn this sooner or later. If you don’t understand this answer now you will in the future. The supervisor are not there to supervise you they’re there to torture you

john chesney

Aren't you a Wal-Mart greeter ?
Never, just like I tell it like it is on the forum I’m the same way in real life. The first fat chick that came in with spandex I’d say just because it stretches that far don’t mean you’re supposed to jam all that in there. I wouldn’t last an hour in retail. I’d be telling everyone to :censored2: off

Indecisi0n

Never, just like I tell it like it is on the forum I’m the same way in real life. The first fat chick that came in with spandex I’d say just because it stretches that far don’t mean you’re supposed to jam all that in there. I wouldn’t last an hour in retail. I’d be telling everyone to :censored2: off
But you would still hit it if you could without your friends finding out.

john chesney

If I hit I’d admit it. I actually visited a BIG girl and she was ready but I couldn’t.Its ruff I don’t know maybe a lot of alcohol could help

Indecisi0n

If I hit I’d admit it. I actually visited a BIG girl and she was ready but I couldn’t.Its ruff I don’t know maybe a lot of alcohol could help
Alcohol def helps. It just sucks when you wake up and discover what you did. This big sweaty chick with massive tights and makeup all over the bed. Ugh