Can I get some of that?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brownslave688, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

UPS, a Good Dividend Growth Source, Is Trading on a Discount

"The cost curve chart above is a busy chart. UPS's heavy investment in information technology has optimized routes for drivers, referenced here as "Orion," and has resulted in 9% fewer stops and six to eight fewer miles driven per driver."

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt Justa swangin' Staff Member

Not unless you pay for it.

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I work hard to add miles. Pick a few stops and break off- driving far.

4. Brown Down

Brown Down Member

I agree with one or the other, both doesn't happen where I'm at

5. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

I probably have 9% fewer stops.
    Anywhere from 20 to 50 miles over Orion miles though.

6. Yeah PER DRIVER I bet those sums of beetchs are factoring in those who don't work into those numbers. Voodoo Orionomics.

7. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

Orion is a scam on investors....nothing more, nothing less. Notice they didn't mention all the extra overtime they are paying drivers.

8. Brownsfan

Brownsfan Active Member

Haha. Ups is funny. One day they come out and tell the investors "we have found a way to save money, we're only going to go right" boom! Mind blown.
    5 years later they once again come out and say " omg your never gonna believe this, we have found away to save an unbelievable amount of money!" We're gonna go right, left, and back up!
    So after 5 years of manipulating the numbers of course it's going to look good when you start going right left and back.
    The same thing is happening with Orion. The company has condensed some areas and have saved mikes by allowing drivers to be more efficient by allowing them more freedom of movement. Someday when they feel the numbers have been falsely run up high enough, they will realease the next big thing and blow the investors socks off once again with manipulated data points.

9. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

its one big dog and pony show.....