Can Lebron James Refuse to Work?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
the answer is yes if the issue is the right reason.
refusing to work because the nba wants to protect fans from a virus is a very bad reason to make an ass of yourself.
Interesting question though. He's a worker, can he legally not work if contracted to do so? Can the NBA ownership turn around and sue?

floridays

I wonder if he can legally refused to work? The NBA has a contract with its players. Refusing to work seem like a strike?

LeBron James: 'I ain't playing' if there are no fans due to coronavirus concerns
I'd say no he can't without consequences.
I'd make an argument,(without seeing his contract,) that there is no language affirming a right to him to decide whether to play or not considering attendance.

He's a bigmouth blowhard that has to be heard from.

The Cav's will not seek to terminate, in this event, his contract for non performance on his part.

I'm guessing Sir James wants a new set of teammates once again.

Once a punk always a punk notwithstanding his wealth.

The punk just needed to see his name in the news again.
Maybe the clown should try his hand at baseball if he wants to have people fawn over him at this time of the year.

vantexan

I'd say no he can't without consequences.
I'd make an argument,(without seeing his contract,) that there is no language affirming a right to him to decide whether to play or not considering attendance.

He's a bigmouth blowhard that has to be heard from.

The Cav's will not seek to terminate, in this event, his contract for non performance on his part.

I'm guessing Sir James wants a new set of teammates once again.

Once a punk always a punk notwithstanding his wealth.

The punk just needed to see his name in the news again.
Maybe the clown should try his hand at baseball if he wants to have people fawn over him at this time of the year.
Thought he went to the Lakers.