Can management change me from m-friend to Tue-sat

Osubrownguy

I requested today off or else I would be talking to Stewart right about now. My Stewart unfortunately is not the best you can say. He often leans with management on many issues( family member is a on road for a neighboring center). I had a 9.5 issue recently and he is telling me I have no 9.5 rights since I’m not topped out nor have own route.( we have 22.4 at my building)

upschuck

If you're a RPCD, then they only have 18 months from ratification to switch all RPCD to m-friend. I could see where they could have an out, but that is a leaky argument, and would violate other areas.

upschuck

I requested today off or else I would be talking to Stewart right about now. My Stewart unfortunately is not the best you can say. He often leans with management on many issues( family member is a on road for a neighboring center). I had a 9.5 issue recently and he is telling me I have no 9.5 rights since I’m not topped out nor have own route.( we have 22.4 at my building)
This may only be a 1 week thing, since you wanted today off.

Osubrownguy

03996D91-5E90-4226-A76F-32C50D6B0AA1.jpeg

PT Car Washer

The Union is letting the company do a lot of shady things right now. Just be glad that you are still working. Would you rather be laid off and a 22.4 working instead?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just as title states can management do that. I’m a full time driver in central.

Yes.

In the Central, Article 12 Sections 1 and 4 would apply.

"Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred schedule in seniority order."

"If the Employer switches an employee’s workweek from Monday through Friday, to Tuesday through Saturday, he/she shall be allowed to exercise his/her seniority."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

As long as they follow seniority.... they can do it.

It sounds temporary.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The Union is letting the company do a lot of shady things right now. Just be glad that you are still working. Would you rather be laid off and a 22.4 working instead?
Shocker. This is what Hoffa lead teamsters look like. Then they like to Bitch and moan that no one is invested in the union anymore.

oh my I wonder why.