Can UPS charge customers by floor?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Maybrown, whatever happened regarding your hearing about losing your job for that accident? I never read any followup on it, I'm assuming by this thread you are back driving?

maybrown

is not a woman
Thank you for concern . Thanks to my stewart. I had my job back over 2 weeks ago. But I am not the same like before. This driving job is not secure. I pray everyday before going to work!

trickpony1

Thank you for concern . Thanks to my stewart. I had my job back over 2 weeks ago. But I am not the same like before. This driving job is not secure. I pray everyday before going to work!

Congrats on getting your job back.
Lesson learned? don't do anything extra for these people.
1) don't get on your truck until your start time.
2) do a proper pre-trip and walk around.
3) do the job precisely as instructed.
4) take your full hour meal per contract language.
5) work at a safe pace (the cemetary is full of heros)
6) leave immediately after clocking out.
7) don't give these people any ammo to use on you.

I'm sure you've already thought of these.
Good Luck and try to ignore the crap that occurs.

maybrown

is not a woman
Please don't make any mistake when you work for UPS That the hard lesson I learned. All credits you built up are gone.
One driver told me " it took over 2 years to have a normal feeling back".
Now I am very careful when driving. My friends say "slow down" every morning. Some are angry because they don't
have pizza at the end of the month ( safety ).

sendagain

We used to go out for pizza and pitchers of beer to celebrate our safe driving awards. I bet that doesn't happen anymore. Too many lawyers out there ready to wreck a good thing.

And if you like stairs, try delivering to an air traffic control tower; it's probably the same situation as a delivery to the top of a lighthouse.

tieguy

Banned

Perhaps you could give her some pointers on how to avoid hitting someone in the rear and hurting them instead of pointers on how to act like a disgruntled employee?

diesel96

Originally Posted by trickpony1

Perhaps you could give her some pointers on how to avoid hitting someone in the rear and hurting them instead of pointers on how to act like a disgruntled employee?

I wouldn't call this acting disgruntled, I would call this working by the book.
Whats wrong with that??

Channahon

We used to go out for pizza and pitchers of beer to celebrate our safe driving awards. I bet that doesn't happen anymore. Too many lawyers out there ready to wreck a good thing.

And if you like stairs, try delivering to an air traffic control tower; it's probably the same situation as a delivery to the top of a lighthouse.

Not a lawyer thing, it's a lawsuit thing, when someone lost their life at a UPS function.

BCFan

yeah we used to do the pizza and beer thing ....i drove home home drunker than a nine eyed monkey on a motorcycle....GREAT SAFETY PROGRAM:tongue_sm:thumbup1:BC

Channahon

yeah we used to do the pizza and beer thing ....i drove home home drunker than a nine eyed monkey on a motorcycle....GREAT SAFTEY PROGRAM:tongue_sm:thumbup1:bc

My point, you made the decision to drive in that condition. What does that have to do with UPS safety? Anyone force you to drink?

Although, happy to hear you made it home okay.

Megansman

I have too many heavy deliveries to top floors by using stairs.:ohmy:

back to the topic...

When you're sheeting up packages for the second, third, fifth floor etc, put in the suite number and then put in the floor number. You should get more time allowed for higher floors.

O

OSUstoodint

How to act like a disgruntled employee:
1) Disgruntled employees don't get on the package car until start time.
2) Disgruntled employees do a proper pre-trip and walk around.
3) Disgruntled employees do the job precisely as instructed.
4) Disgruntled employees take the full meal per contract language.
5) Disgruntled employees work at a safe pace.
6) Disgruntled employees leave immediately after clocking out.
7) Disgruntled employees don't give management any ammo.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Please don't make any mistake when you work for UPS That the hard lesson I learned. All credits you built up are gone.
One driver told me " it took over 2 years to have a normal feeling back".
Now I am very careful when driving. My friends say "slow down" every morning. Some are angry because they don't
have pizza at the end of the month ( safety ).
May what credits are gone? Dont worry about the stupid pizza, if it worries you that much offer to take those cry babies out on your dime if it will make you feel better.

Look we all make mistakes and its possible to be involved in an accident, thats why there called ACCIDENTS. You didnt do it on purpose and one day when one of those whiners has an accident or an injury ask them what happen to the pizza this friday?

upsgrunt

back to the topic...

When you're sheeting up packages for the second, third, fifth floor etc, put in the suite number and then put in the floor number. You should get more time allowed for higher floors.

Can anybody confirm this? I've never heard this one before and feel cheated if it is true.