Can't find rehire status?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
From what I have gathered from reading is that originally PT Sups were either a no rehire or they could only be rehired as a PT sup again. I have read that it was changed in 2014 that PT Sups could get rehired back as either hourly or sup...though I'm not sure which or what since it is only what I've read on forums.

And yes, I'm a she.
How hot are ya??

Discoteka

Just can't stay away
PT sups aren't suppose to return to hourly status. A few years ago we had somebody get hired, work a few weeks, then get poop canned after UPS realized they had been a PT sup in the 1990s. BUT... that was during the height of the recession when landing a job at McDonald's was a big deal around here. UPS is so desperate for bodies here today that it plans to charter a bus into the Projects to get additional lift for peak season (boy, that sounds like a good idea). Thus, I suspect they'd look the other way if that situation arose today.

In your situation, they WILL find out; you will give them your SSN eventually after all (which will link you to the PT/management pension, and you'll maintain previous credit, so it may be a good thing). But as long as you're honest throughout the process... I wouldn't let it bother me.

I have no issue being up front with them. I have been trying to contact them so they could pin my new (married) name to my old name that I worked under. Oddly enough, I got someone on the UPSJobs Facebook to reply via message. I gave them the appropriate name to lookup, but they never got back to me being Friday and all.

Thanks everyone for the responses and humor. :)

Discoteka

Just can't stay away
So an update (I know you've been on the edge of your seats), I went in for the "tour". Still don't know my rehire status. BUT. Apparently this district will only hire me back as a PT Sup. Which is fine, I was perfectly content starting at load again. I go in tomorrow afternoon to interview with someone else.