Carol Tomé, CEO of UPS, on pandemic innovations and major trends | State of American Business 2022

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Carol Tomé, CEO of UPS, on pandemic innovations and major trends | State of American Business 2022 - US Chamber

At the State of American Business 2022, UPS CEO Carol Tomé detailed pandemic innovations and predicted that investing in sustainability and technology are two trends that aren’t going away.​

When Carol Tomé, took the helm of one of the largest carrier companies in the world in June 2020, she was already talking about innovation. At the time, UPS was a 112-year-old business, and Tomé knew the company needed to do more as competitors were evolving, customers were shifting, and the rate of change was accelerating.

“I came on board with lots of ideas about what we might do to lean into that change. And then, of course, the pandemic hit,” said Tomé during a conversation with Georgia Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Chris Clark at the State of American Business 2022 event.

“While the world shut down and started to shelter in place, people were ordering online. And we saw unprecedented volume flow into our network.”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
dtyF3MHeCoHY.jpg

One day at a time

Carol Tomé, CEO of UPS, on pandemic innovations and major trends | State of American Business 2022 - US Chamber

At the State of American Business 2022, UPS CEO Carol Tomé detailed pandemic innovations and predicted that investing in sustainability and technology are two trends that aren’t going away.​

When Carol Tomé, took the helm of one of the largest carrier companies in the world in June 2020, she was already talking about innovation. At the time, UPS was a 112-year-old business, and Tomé knew the company needed to do more as competitors were evolving, customers were shifting, and the rate of change was accelerating.

“I came on board with lots of ideas about what we might do to lean into that change. And then, of course, the pandemic hit,” said Tomé during a conversation with Georgia Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Chris Clark at the State of American Business 2022 event.

“While the world shut down and started to shelter in place, people were ordering online. And we saw unprecedented volume flow into our network.”

And we get Orion 1/2 done and a mess slows us down every day. The new diad 6 a huge step backwards,horrible and a total mess. Late air every day costing ups millions in labor and xtra miles. Let’s lean in to these existing problems before any new ones.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
With $11.9 billion in profit, your problems are not wildly important. I suggest you get some contract proposals ready for next year.