CEO compensation

UPS4Life

Copied from seeking alpha

• The total compensation package for UPS (NYSE:UPS) CEO David Abney rose 104.9% to $8.4M in 2014.
• The bulk of the increased pay for the exec was in stock awards.
• Changes in the company's long-term compensation plan also factored in.

Must be nice to under perform the 4th quarter and get a hell of a bonus.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Most of that will be in restricted stock. He can't call his broker 10 minutes from now and dump it.

I know everybody complains about executive compensation but it isn't a job where you go home and your day is over. It may not be physically demanding, but running a 100 billion dollar company with 270,000 employees is no small feat. The guy is probably never home and always connected to something UPS related. I've been on the phone with the Chief Information Officer at 330 in the morning before. It isn't easy on a family or your body. My parents are upper level in a company and I hated vacations because it wasn't that for them. It was being on their laptops and iPhones at our cottage rather than in their offices.

I understand the resentment, but the guy has a special set of skills that most of us don't possess. Wall Street may have hated the 4th quarter, but how many of us had a horrendous peak? I know I didn't.

UPS4Life

I completely agree don't get me wrong. It's just sad that you have a bad quarter and you get compensated so well is what I'm saying maybe?? Don't get me wrong his job is beyond the stress level i ever want to deal with. I guess I was a little quick to post judgement considering I don't know what others made in compensation per year so maybe that is low for the year compared to others.

Just used it as a conversation piece.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
Copied from seeking alpha

• The total compensation package for UPS (NYSE:UPS) CEO David Abney rose 104.9% to $8.4M in 2014.
• The bulk of the increased pay for the exec was in stock awards.
• Changes in the company's long-term compensation plan also factored in.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Maybe if you spent as much time worried about your job as much as you're worried about his it wouldn't be such a worry to you.

Or strive harder to get his job yourself and see how you do.

UPS4Life

Maybe if you spent as much time worried about your job as much as you're worried about his it wouldn't be such a worry to you.

Or strive harder to get his job yourself and see how you do.
Well if he fails at his and runs the company into the ground then I guess I'll have to worry about my job too then huh?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I completely agree don't get me wrong. It's just sad that you have a bad quarter and you get compensated so well is what I'm saying maybe?? Don't get me wrong his job is beyond the stress level i ever want to deal with. I guess I was a little quick to post judgement considering I don't know what others made in compensation per year so maybe that is low for the year compared to others.

Just used it as a conversation piece.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Bad quarter how?

Stock price and earnings wise?

I and most of the drivers on here think this was the best 4th quarter in a long time.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
So then we all should be waiting for him to send us a letter telling his employees thank you? He is only there for the bonuses. He also Doesn't know anyone below his executive board. Btw ---was he ever a driver or low management? I know nothing about this guy. We won't ever see him.

Brownslave688

Brownslave688

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's just sad that you have a bad quarter and you get compensated so well is what I'm saying maybe??
It wasn't a bad quarter though. EPS was 1.25 a share, 6% revenue growth, decent growth across the board. Profit dropped to $444 million. But that's not a bad number. They took on a lot of one time charges that will pay off next year. Not to mention the negative PR we dodged by investing in our product.
I have the skills to fire people and be an :censored2:. I can haz CEO now?
That response just proves you have no idea what actually goes into the job.
Well if he fails at his and runs the company into the ground then I guess I'll have to worry about my job too then huh?
If a $444 million dollar profit is running the business into the ground I want to know what success is. He'd get kicked to the curb by the board before he could do any serious damage.
Btw ---was he ever a driver or low management? I know nothing about this guy. We won't ever see him.
Started as a PT package handler in Mississippi I believe. There was an article about it in that UPSers mailing they send out quarterly.
We hired lots of people to get everything delivered. It was a very successful quarter.
Absolutely agree. They did a good job at the top in regards to peak.