Change you can believe in.

brett636

So is this the type of change you Obamanites were expecting? I know I was expecting something a little less drastic, but what do you expect from the maroon who believes the automobile was invented in this country?

Federal%20Deficit%20Borrowing%203.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
To be fair, I suspect a lot of people think that Henry Ford invented the automobile and that doesn't make them morons. In this country it would be an easy mistake to make unless you were familiar with the subject.

brett636

To be fair, I suspect a lot of people think that Henry Ford invented the automobile and that doesn't make them morons. In this country it would be an easy mistake to make unless you were familiar with the subject.

To say Henry Ford invented the automobile would be wrong just like saying this sort of "change" is in our best interests would be wrong.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones

To say Henry Ford invented the automobile would be wrong just like saying this sort of "change" is in our best interests would be wrong.

And the lesson here is that one doesn't have to be maroon to be wrong?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Little Red Hen

Who will help me plant the wheat, asked the Little Red Hen.

'Not I,' said the cow.

'Not I,' said the duck.

'Not I,' said the pig. ?

'Not I,' said the goose. ?

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little redhen, and so she did.

The wheat grew very tall and ripened into golden grain. ?

'Who will help me reap my wheat?' asked the little red hen. ?

'Not I,' said the duck.. ?

'Out of my classification ,' said the pig. ?

'I'd lose my seniority,' said the cow. ?

'I'd lose my unemployment compensation,' said the goose. ?

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen, and so she did. ?

At last it came time to bake the bread.

'Who will help me bake the bread?' asked the little red hen. ?

'That would be overtime for me,' said the cow. ?

'I'd lose my welfare benefits,' said the duck.

'I'm a dropout and never learned how,' said the pig. ?

'If I'm to be the only helper, that's discrimination,' said the goose. ?

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen. ?

She baked five loaves and held them up for all of her neighbors to see.

They wanted some and, in fact, demanded a share.
But the little red hen said, 'No, I shall eat all five loaves.' ?

'Excess profits!' cried the cow. (Nancy Pelosi) ?

'Capitalist leech!' screamed the duck. (Barbara Boxer) ?

'I demand equal rights!' yelled the goose. (Jesse Jackson) ?

The pig just grunted in disdain .. (Ted Kennedy) ?

And they all painted 'Unfair!' picket signs and marched around and around the little red hen,

shouting obscenities.

Then the farmer (Obama) came. He said to the little red hen, "You must not be so greedy,

Let's re-distribute the wealth!"

'But I earned the bread,' said the little red hen.

'Exactly, said Barack the farmer. 'That is what makes our free

enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone in the barnyard can earn as much as he

wants. But under our modern government regulations, the productive

workers must divide the fruits of their labor with those who are lazy

and idle.

And they all lived happily ever after, including the little red hen,

who smiled and clucked, 'I am grateful, for now I truly understand.

But her neighbors became quite disappointed in her. She never

again baked bread because she joined the 'party' and got her

bread for free. And all the Democrats smiled. ?'Fairness' had been

established. Individual initiative had died, but nobody noticed; perhaps no one

cared...so long as there was free bread that 'the rich' were paying

for.

EPILOGUE ?

Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs. ?

Hillary got $8 million for hers. ?

That's $20 million for the memories from two people, who for eight

years, repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't remember anything. ?

IS THIS A GREAT BARNYARD? OR WHAT?

tieguy

Banned
Little Red Hen

Who will help me plant the wheat, asked the Little Red Hen.

'Not I,' said the cow.

'Not I,' said the duck.

'Not I,' said the pig. ?

'Not I,' said the goose. ?

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little redhen, and so she did.

The wheat grew very tall and ripened into golden grain. ?

'Who will help me reap my wheat?' asked the little red hen. ?

'Not I,' said the duck.. ?

'Out of my classification ,' said the pig. ?

'I'd lose my seniority,' said the cow. ?

'I'd lose my unemployment compensation,' said the goose. ?

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen, and so she did. ?

At last it came time to bake the bread.

'Who will help me bake the bread?' asked the little red hen. ?

'That would be overtime for me,' said the cow. ?

'I'd lose my welfare benefits,' said the duck.

'I'm a dropout and never learned how,' said the pig. ?

'If I'm to be the only helper, that's discrimination,' said the goose. ?

'Then I will do it by myself,' said the little red hen. ?

She baked five loaves and held them up for all of her neighbors to see.

They wanted some and, in fact, demanded a share.
But the little red hen said, 'No, I shall eat all five loaves.' ?

'Excess profits!' cried the cow. (Nancy Pelosi) ?

'Capitalist leech!' screamed the duck. (Barbara Boxer) ?

'I demand equal rights!' yelled the goose. (Jesse Jackson) ?

The pig just grunted in disdain .. (Ted Kennedy) ?

And they all painted 'Unfair!' picket signs and marched around and around the little red hen,

shouting obscenities.

Then the farmer (Obama) came. He said to the little red hen, "You must not be so greedy,

Let's re-distribute the wealth!"

'But I earned the bread,' said the little red hen.

'Exactly, said Barack the farmer. 'That is what makes our free

enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone in the barnyard can earn as much as he

wants. But under our modern government regulations, the productive

workers must divide the fruits of their labor with those who are lazy

and idle.

And they all lived happily ever after, including the little red hen,

who smiled and clucked, 'I am grateful, for now I truly understand.

But her neighbors became quite disappointed in her. She never

again baked bread because she joined the 'party' and got her

bread for free. And all the Democrats smiled. ?'Fairness' had been

established. Individual initiative had died, but nobody noticed; perhaps no one

cared...so long as there was free bread that 'the rich' were paying

for.

EPILOGUE ?

Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs. ?

Hillary got $8 million for hers. ?

That's $20 million for the memories from two people, who for eight

years, repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't remember anything. ?

can i get some meatballs with the bread.:happy-very:

awesome piece . sums it up nicely.

diesel96

Do right wing web sites think they are the only people who hard ?

Deep Thoughts....

....I wonder who owns the land and how many Cows, Ducks, Pigs, and Geese died for it ?

.....uhmm chicken and dumplings with some dipping bread, is the Farmer's appetite increasing as time goes by...

.....uhmm, If the Farmer eats the Hen and poops out it's remains in the planting field for fertilization of the soil to grow wheat, would that be sort of like trickle down effect...

wkmac

So is this the type of change you Obamanites were expecting? I know I was expecting something a little less drastic, but what do you expect from the maroon who believes the automobile was invented in this country?

Federal%20Deficit%20Borrowing%203.jpg

Before Obama was elected, I'd post stuff like this about the then current adminstration's fiscal irresponsibilities and it was all but ignored. I'm glad to now learn with Obama in office that is was never about a decifit or debt at all, it just came down to when it all passed an amount threshold that people took notice.

I'll make a note of that for the future!
:happy-very:

The court: You are charged with writting a bad check, how do you plea?
Defendent: Not Guilty
The court: We have the $25 bad check right here so how do you figure not guilty?
Defendent: My check was only for $25 but the next guy on the docket is up for writting a $250 bad check so compared to him, I'm innocent!
The court: I see your logic, case dismissed!

chev

Nightcrawler

Deep Thoughts....

....I wonder who owns the land and how many Cows, Ducks, Pigs, and Geese died for it ?

.....uhmm chicken and dumplings with some dipping bread, is the Farmer's appetite increasing as time goes by...

.....uhmm, If the Farmer eats the Hen and poops out it's remains in the planting field for fertilization of the soil to grow wheat, would that be sort of like trickle down effect...

watcha smokin today? must be some good *****. I want some.:wink2:

diesel96

Before Obama was elected, I'd post stuff like this about the then current adminstration's fiscal irresponsibilities and it was all but ignored. I'm glad to now learn with Obama in office that is was never about a decifit or debt at all, it just came down to when it all passed an amount threshold that people took notice.

Wkmac, I believe it comes down to selective hearing..... like when we talk to our kids when they were youngings....

watcha smokin today? must be some good *****. I want some.:wink2:

Deep Thoughts ...Just an SNL parody of random thoughts, obviously you took it seriously.....Me Smokin?, I wish, not with a CDL....But it would of been more entertaining if you answered the original question....Do right wingers think there the only ones that work hard??

chev

Nightcrawler
Wkmac, I believe it comes down to selective hearing..... like when we talk to our kids when they were youngings....

Deep Thoughts ...Just an SNL parody of random thoughts, obviously you took it seriously.....Me Smokin?, I wish, not with a CDL....But it would of been more entertaining if you answered the original question....Do right wingers think there the only ones that work hard??
Absolutely not, but I'm willing to bet there are more lefties leaching off the Govt. tit than righties. :wink2:

tieguy

Banned

I'll make a note of that for the future!

The court: You are charged with writting a bad check, how do you plea?
Defendent: Not Guilty
The court: We have the $25 bad check right here so how do you figure not guilty?
Defendent: My check was only for $25 but the next guy on the docket is up for writting a $250 bad check so compared to him, I'm innocent!
The court: I see your logic, case dismissed!

interestingly enough the Obama camp is trying to do the reverse. They are up for a 2.5 trillion dollar check and acting as if Bushs spending somehow justifies thiers.

wkmac

I'm pretty certain even youngings aren't this bad in the selective process!

Speaking of change, Glenn Greenwald over at Salon had a piece yesterday entitled, "Is Obama Embracing the lawless, omnipotent executive?"

From Glenn's piece we having the following:

As Marcy Wheeler documents in detail, the Obama DOJ is now spouting the Cheney/Addington view of government in its purest and most radical expression. Citing lengthy excepts from the Obama DOJ's brief filed on Friday following its loss in the appeals court -- a brief that could easily have been written by John Yoo or David Addington in its distinctly un-American and anti-constitutional theories purporting to vest unchallengeable, unreviewable power in the President -- Wheeler writes:
This whole passage, read in the context of the wholesale rollback on Executive claims to have exclusive control over classified information just reeks of desperation. Not to mention an acceptance of Cheney's contention that we have fewer than one--or even two--branches of government.

The continuation of Bush's expansion of gov't on the side of spending and give-a-ways by Obama was no surprise and quite expected but what has surprised me just a bit is how bold and in-your-face the Obama adminstration has been in quickly adapting the unitary executive built by Cheney Inc. as Greenwald and others on the so-called left/liberal side have been to point out. We are now learning more about how Bush and Co. walked all over the Constitution and in reading this Huffington Post piece I can only wonder now how long (or has he already) before Obama follows his former collegue?

What has been equally surprising is the growing silence among avid and vocal critics who in many cases were absolutely correct from the democrat side of the isle of Bush ie Cheney Inc policy back in the day as their very hero even now adapts and even expands on that very policy. Oh how they would decry the "GREED" of corp. America and the "capitialist" menions who in their words were destroying the American dream in order to obtain filthy lucre via the red state machine but now that the blue machine rules the tracks, I guess the wholesale collective payoff to the working masses has acheived it's own "buying silence!" Well! Well! Well! Collectivist actually have their own personal "GREED" afterall!
:wink2:

As younglings might have selective hearing, so do they er with hypocrisy from time to time and like our red-state friends with their selective hearing, you and your friends have an issue of ever growing hypocrisy as exampled by your absolute silence as the power and legacy of Bush 3 grows daily!

Hey D, TOS and Jagger,

Even the paleo-conservative have more guts to tread into areas where even you have dared not to utter a vocie. And it doesn stop there either!

Now we're talking real money for real tax cuts that put real dollars into the pockets of everyday Americans! And where are you guys at? Let's see...as I look real hard......let me focus Hubble.......damn, I can't see them anywhere!

And I'm not surprised either!
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Deep Thoughts....

My dad was once hired 45 people because of trickle down in three businesses. Three of those people bought him out of one of the businesses when he got sick. Now those 3 people work there and if there is no incentive to hire people, they won't.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

bRETT,

Again, another Rush limbaugh example repeated by you. What Obama was talking about was the PRODUCTION AUTOMOBILE.

Carl Benz just made the first motor powered carriage. NOT the first production automobile.

Now, I realize you never heard what obama actually said, just the distortion of a drug addict who will say anything just to promote a failed ideology.

The Rush syndrome. A phenomenon that is actually hurting the right wing vs helping it. By being an obstructionist, he is finding himself at Odds with the RNC. By insulting Michael Steele, Rush is asking for a beatdown by republicans. Steele, recently called Rush what he is: an infotainer.

Rush, upset by being called a "nothing" has gone on the attack on Michael Steele. This will work to the Dems benefit as it has made Rush more vocal on his extreme views about the republican party.

Thank you Michael Steele.

As far as the budget and spending, you right wing kooks need to remember one thing, President Bushed NEVER included spending on either war and deferred that cost to the next president. Now you want to cry about deficits, yet forget that the majority of that debt was caused by your president and the republican congress. Over 1 trillion on 2 failed wars deferred to our young president to deal with.

This banking crisis started in september 2007 when president BUSH ignored the warning signs and ALL the banks were reporting HUGE debts each month ranging from 10 to 20 billion. When banks starting writing off 10's of billions of dollars in losses, all he did was give them some cash in early 2008 and defer the eventual crash of the banking sector for 2009.

This falls squarely on BUSH's shoulders. He furthered the extention of this recession by printing money he didnt have to send us a stimulus check in 2008.

These 2 actions extended the recession he ever so convieniently denied for a year.

BUSHED raised the debt ceiling 9 times since he was sworn in and took the deficit to its highest levels in history.

The recession began in december 2007 and continues today. Americans know this and realize it was the republicans who caused it to happen.

Brett, with the chart you posted, maybe you didnt realize what you posted. I realize that Rush convinced you of the nonsense you posted, but what you failed to realize is the reality of the chart.

Take a look from 1980 to 1992 and look how far REAGAN took the deficit, then look at 1992 to 2000 and see how a democratic, big spender, welfare waster, entitlement giveaway president reduced that debt, then look at your hero GW BUSHED and see how from 2000 to 2009 he destroy the economy.

In 2000, he had the largest surplus for a new president, and in 8 years he ruined a country.

Why not take a pencil and add up the deficits of REAGAN, BUSH 1 and BUSH 2 and then ask yourself if these 3 republican morons are directly responsible for the destruction of american fiscal responsibility? They are right there on your chart. Again, thanks for posting it for all to see.

Now, the new president has to do something to stop the bleeding from the deep wounds inflicted on a country by a president who many believe was a ch*t for brains.

Ya know, the many times I stop by to read what the right wing posts on this site, I am always amazed at the level of denials you all have.

Its too bad, this country needs us to be americans, and yet, the republicans want to be a divided country and keep things in the toilet.

Brett, Rush is an idiot, a convicted drug addict, and a man without a formal education. IF you want to listen to an idiot that badly, why not stop by GW Bush's ranch and sit a spell.

:surprised:

wkmac

March 03, 2009

Richard Milhous Obama

Posted by Bill Anderson at March 3, 2009 08:11 AM

As I watch the Obama administration blithely ignoring all of the signs of a weakening dollar and the implications of massive spending and deficits, I am reminded of how President Richard Nixon dealt with the collapse of the Bretton-Woods accords on August 15, 1971. (At the time, I was preparing to enter my freshman year at the University of Tennessee and was more concerned with getting ready for cross-country season than I was the economy.) Nixon also had inherited the Vietnam War from his predecessor, just as Obama has inherited Bush's wars.
Nixon's response was to lie. The dollar was fine, the devaluation would make U.S. exports cheaper, and the price controls of "Phase I" would stop inflation. All would be well, and it was those blasted foreigners insisting on buying U.S. gold instead of U.S. goods that really was the heart of the problem.
Today, Obama and his Krugmanian and Bernankian minions tell us that those blasted foreigners caused the entire problem by saving too much money. While we are not seeing (for now) an upward price movement on most goods, they tell us that the REAL problem is deflation, another lie.
There is one important difference between Nixon and Obama, however. The press hated Nixon, so their was outright skepticism in the media that Nixon was being truthful, although the mostly-liberal/left press tended to think that gold was evil and Nixon's monetary "reforms" were not leftist enough. Congress responded with a decade of wild spending that ultimately culminated in a near-collapse of the system with inflation and fleeing capital.
Obama does not have to worry about such treatment by the mainstream media. I never have seen such worship of a president in my lifetime as that of Obama (except, perhaps JFK and his "glamorous" administration full of "the best and the brightest"). The press firmly stands behind this irresponsible blast of spending and debt, and anyone who objects is accused of racism and worse.
But, the reality is much, much different. Obama and his people can lie, the press can repeat those lies with impunity, but neither Obama nor his government nor the New York Times can defeat the laws of economics.

source

I guess we're changing back to Nixon!

Stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome but then again we're talking democrats and republicans here!
:rofl:

To the cliffs lemmin....uh... I mean PEOPLE. We have our destiny there upon the rocks below!

Take a look from 1980 to 1992 and look how far REAGAN took the deficit, then look at 1992 to 2000 and see how a democratic, big spender, welfare waster, entitlement giveaway president reduced that debt, then look at your hero GW BUSHED and see how from 2000 to 2009 he destroy the economy.

"The revenues of the late 90's were not sustainable do to the market runup."........Ben Bernanke today