Chelsea Clinton's wedding

Babagounj

Strength through joy
£7,000 for the cake at Chelsea Clinton's £3.2 MILLION wedding of the year

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:24 PM on 28th July 2010

When your father is a former U.S. President and your mother is the Secretary of State, having your wedding reception in the local pub isn’t an option.

Chelsea Clinton’s big day in a country mansion on Saturday could cost up to £3.2million.

No expense will be spared at what will be the American society event of the year, with the equivalent of £6,400 being spent on each of the 500 guests.

article-1298221-0A97C680000005DC-694_468x357.jpg
Height of luxury: Miss Clinton is expected to hire porcelain Portaloos at a total cost of about £10,000
Guests are even being treated to porcelain portable toilets that flush, play music and have hot running water.
Miss Clinton is expected to hire between four and six Portaloo trailers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...Clintons-3-2m-wedding-year.html#ixzz0uzQyajRm

one pound = $1.55 us

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I must be a cheapskate--the budget for my daughter's wedding is only $12K. The reception is $78/person and is being held at the Albany (NY) Country Club which, I assume, has indoor plumbing.

jimstud

Banned
first of all who cares what they are spending and secondly why is everything in pounds when the wedding is in the states ?

klein

Für Meno :)
Just means it's a UK article. Gee, I could probably find the same one in Germany or Canada.

No big deal, if I ever get married, it will cost me $99 in Vegas ! That's it !

fxdwg

Long Time Member
...and compared to one of our supervisors I am cheap---he spent $42K for his daughter's wedding. Foolish.

The ex and I keep trying to get her to scale things back and to put the money toward a house but she wants a traditional wedding.

Not "foolish"..There is a lot of value in "Memory".

The Ex thing is ???? your former spouse?

over9five

Staff member
...and compared to one of our supervisors I am cheap---he spent $42K for his daughter's wedding. Foolish.

The ex and I keep trying to get her to scale things back and to put the money toward a house but she wants a traditional wedding.

Agreed!! Someone I work with says he is still paying for his daughters $45K wedding. That would have been a helluva down payment on a house.
I am very lucky my daughter wants a small, intimate kind of ceremony. We just reserved the hall it's going to be at. (Both the wedding and the reception). $300 for the hall. About 60 guests so far, they're still deciding on the menu but they want a buffet.

Can't wait!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just means it's a UK article. Gee, I could probably find the same one in Germany or Canada.

No big deal, if I ever get married, it will cost me $99 in Vegas ! That's it !
You'd better check to see that they allow same sex marriage before you buy the tickets.

Upstate, I agree with you and the Ex Mrs 100%. I can totally empathize with the feelings you guys must have about this situation.

moreluck

golden ticket member
almost 43 years ago, Our wedding reception was at the Italian Center.....a rented large hall. My 8 aunts did all the cooking.....best food you could ever imagine.....half Slovak food - half Italian food. My cake was a cream cake done by an Italian bakery and we had 300 guests.

When you walked in, you got a shot of either whiskey or Anisette.......well, the men anyhow. I barely remember the 'party', but it was a fun day!

over9five

Staff member
almost 43 years ago, Our wedding reception was at the Italian Center.....a rented large hall. My 8 aunts did all the cooking.....best food you could ever imagine.....half Slovak food - half Italian food. My cake was a cream cake done by an Italian bakery and we had 300 guests.

Wow, we don't even know 300 people!

When you walked in, you got a shot of either whiskey or Anisette.......well, the men anyhow. I barely remember the 'party', but it was a fun day!

And that's what my daughter wants - A great party!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Agreed!! Someone I work with says he is still paying for his daughters $45K wedding. That would have been a helluva down payment on a house.
I am very lucky my daughter wants a small, intimate kind of ceremony. We just reserved the hall it's going to be at. (Both the wedding and the reception). $300 for the hall. About 60 guests so far, they're still deciding on the menu but they want a buffet.

Can't wait!
You daughter is a smart young woman. My wife and I did basically the same thing, our goal was to keep it small, make sure everyone was well fed, and pay for it out of our own pockets without incurring any debt. We were both very happy with the way it turned out.