cherry coke

DS

Fenderbender
I think its odd that you cant get some things in some places.
A radio guy here (Toronto)just drove to Buffalo and coming back through customs the officer says ,how long was your visit to the USA.He says about 15 minutes.Did you make any purchases? Yes I have 8 24 packs of cherry coke in my trunk.Please pull your car over there.
You cant get it here,they have cherry vanilla,but in his call to cokes head office he was informed surveys have revealed nobody wants it here.
In Newfoundland you can get pineapple crush.why not here?
I have heard that Canadians are unique in thier consumption of ketchup
potato chips.(ick)and in Quebec every variety store (depaneur)sells cheese curds,and mcdonalds sells poutine(fries covered in cheese curds that are smothered in hot gravy)and in Nova Scotia Mcdees sells lobster on a bun(Mclobster?)
When I was young I was on a road trip through the souhern states and had to try some grits with my breakfast.(another big ick) no such thing up here.In Britain,KFC adds baked beans to every order.
Moreluck sent me 3 boxes of rice chex (god bless her) because we only get krispix here...
ok,is there anyone else that cant find something thats available in other places?

55andout?

:wink2:
A radio guy here (Toronto)just drove to Buffalo and coming back through customs the officer says ,how long was your visit to the USA.He says about 15 minutes.Did you make any purchases? Yes I have 8 24 packs of cherry coke in my trunk.Please pull your car over there.
You cant get it here,they have cherry vanilla,but in his call to cokes head office he was informed surveys have revealed nobody wants it here.
potato chips.(ick)and in Quebec every variety store (depaneur)sells cheese curds,and mcdonalds sells poutine(fries covered in cheese curds that are smothered in hot gravy)and in Nova Scotia Mcdees sells lobster on a bun(Mclobster?)
When I was young I was on a road trip through the souhern states and had to try some grits with my breakfast.(another big ick) no such thing up here.In Britain,KFC adds baked beans to every order.
Moreluck sent me 3 boxes of rice chex (god bless her) because we only get krispix here...
ok,is there anyone else that cant find something thats available in other places?
No Cherry Coke? Thats rough. I knew those places existed but I thought they were run by communists still. I am from the Chicago area and until recently could not find really good southern BBQ.. That problem has been solved when I found SMOQUE on Pulaski. But being from this area you can easliy find great food anywhere.

Can i suggest the next time you grab a coke and a smile and but some cherry extract in it.

over9five

Staff member
I'm sorry, but you are all being disgusting and I want a moderator to immediately delete your posts.

Ruining a perfectly good coke by adding cherry flavor. YUCK!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember when they actually sold flavored cokes at the soda fountains??
Remember soda fountains??

I always went for a vanilla coke because I didn't have the allowance for the milkshakes.

Remember phosphates?? Lime phosphate was my fav.

kene1024

Yeah, you guys are lucky you can get AC&C in Canada...wish we could get it here without having to pay $40 a bottle for somebody there to mail it to us (somebody we don't know, who sells via the internet).

DS

Fenderbender
Yeah, you guys are lucky you can get AC&C in Canada...wish we could get it here without having to pay $40 a bottle for somebody there to mail it to us (somebody we don't know, who sells via the internet).
If I'm not mistaken,thats a federal offence...
what is AC&C?

satellitedriver

Hit me where I am the weakest, DS.
They are gone here.
Woolworths had the best lunch counter I have ever eaten at.
I still think of the pork chop steaks, mashed potatoes and green bean lunch specials.
I only made $1.90 an hour and could still afford a great lunch.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Funny you all should mention Woolworth's. A friend of mine sent me an e-mail of the old menu from the counter. Banana Splits $.35. The prices were from the late 50's and amazing!!

Sorry, I deleted it, or I'd send it here.

The ideal world would be today's wages with the 50's prices for all of our goods. Dreaming!

kene1024

If I'm not mistaken,thats a federal offence...
what is AC&C?

Yep, you're right...not sure who would be in more trouble - the shipper or
receiver? It's always sent by USPS - apparently that somehow makes it easier
to get through customs...but I don't know why.

Sometimes spelled A.C. & C. - aspirin, codeine, & caffeine. Also known
as "222".

There are lots of Canadian sites that sell the stuff to anybody.

rod

Retired 22 years
I couldn't get any Land O Lakes American cheese the first time I went to Phoenix years ago. The clerk at Albertsons looked at me wierd and said "all of our cheese is American".:peaceful:

ol'browneye

Anybody here drink Sundrop? I think it is a regional drink, mainly in the South but it is big in this part of Missouri.

And speaking of BBQ, anybody other than St. Louis, MO people ever had a grilled pork steak? Another regional thing.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Anybody here drink Sundrop? I think it is a regional drink, mainly in the South but it is big in this part of Missouri.

And speaking of BBQ, anybody other than St. Louis, MO people ever had a grilled pork steak? Another regional thing.

In Pennsyltucky I grill pork chops all the time.

Big Babooba

Remember when they actually sold flavored cokes at the soda fountains??
Remember soda fountains??

I always went for a vanilla coke because I didn't have the allowance for the milkshakes.

Remember phosphates?? Lime phosphate was my fav.
I worked at a pharmacy after I graduated from high school. One of my duties was to work the counter as a soda jerk. Remember those cone shaped cups with the holders? It was amazing what people would drink . Cherry cokes and vanilla Cokes were run of the mill. One customer always ordered Coke with milk . Another always got Bromo Seltzer in his chocolate milkshake:sick:(we had a dispenser that held a large, upside down bottle, remember those?). People would also come in and buy straight Coke syrup.

Channahon

White Castle Hamburges are not available nationwide. And if you ever had the pleasure of dining on White Castles, you would remember the experience.

Anyone see this movie?

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)