Christmas Greetings

moreluck

golden ticket member
Went to Michael's today. The clerk wished me a "Merry Christmas" as soon as I stepped up to the checkout. In case you don't have one, Michael's is an arts & crafts store.....very big here in CA.

wily_old_vet

Nice to hear of at least one retailer with guts. I'm not shopping at Sears, Kohls, Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot or Lowes since they don't feel they can afford to offend those who don't celebrate Christmas. I think they'll find they lose more business by doing this than they would have had they used those oh so offensive words.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Most people will not care one way or another. Kinda like the pilots picketing.

What they would hope to gain is beyond me.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
Merry Christmas Y'All (in many languages):santa:

Afrikaans - 'n Geseende Kersfees en 'n voorspoedige Nuwejaar
Afrikander - Een Plesierige Kerfees
Albanian -- Gezuar Krishtlindje
American - Merry Christmas
Arabic - I'D MIILAD SAID OUA SANA SAIDA
Armenian - Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
Azeri - Tezze Iliniz Yahsi Olsun
Basque - Zorionstsu Eguberri. Zoriontsu Urte Berri On
Bengali - Bodo Din Shubh Lamona
Bohemian - Vesele Vanoce
Breton - Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat
Bulgarian - Tchestita Koleda; Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo
Celtic - Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
Chinese -
(Mandarin) Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan
(Catonese) Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun
(Hong Kong) Kung Ho Hsin Hsi. Ching Chi Shen Tan
Cornish - Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth
Cree - Mitho Makosi Kesikansi
Croatian - Sretan Bozic
Czech - Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
Danish - Gladelig Jul
Dutch - Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
English - Merry Christmas
Esperanto - Gajan Kristnaskon
Estonian - Roomsaid Joulu Puhi
Farsi - Cristmas-e-shoma mobarak bashad
Finnish - Hyvaa joulua
French - Joyeux Noel
Frisian - Noflike Krystdagen en in protte Lok en Seine yn it Nije Jier!
German - Froehliche Weihnachten
Greek - Kala Christouyenna!
Hawaiian - Mele Kalikimaka
Hebrew - Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova
Hindi - Bada Din Mubarak Ho
Hungarian - Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
Icelandic - Gledileg Jol
Indonesian - Selamat Hari Natal
Iraqi - Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
Irish - Nollaig Shona Dhuit
Italian - Buone Feste Natalizie
Japanese - Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Kala- Khristougena kai Eftikhes to Neon Etos
Korean - Sung Tan Chuk Ha
Latvian - Priecigus Ziemas Svetkus un Laimigu Jauno Gadu
Lettish - Priecigus Ziemassvetkus
Lithuanian - Linksmu Kaledu
Manx - Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa
Maori - Meri Kirihimete
Marathi - Shub Naya Varsh
Navajo - Merry Keshmish
Northern Sotho Matlhatse le matlhogonolo mo ngwageng o moswa.
Norwegian - God Jul Og Godt Nytt Aar
Pennsylvania German - En frehlicher Grischtdaag un en hallich Nei Yaahr!
Papiamento Bon Pasku i Felis Anja Nobo
Pig Latin Errymay ristmaskay nday appyhay ewnay earyay
Polish - Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia
Portuguese - Feliz Natal
Rapa-Nui - Mata-Ki-Te-Rangi. Te-Pito-O-Te-Henua
Romanian - Craciun Fericit
Russian - Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva is Novim Godom
Serbian - Hristos se rodi
Slovakian - Sretan Bozic or Vesele vianoce
Samoan - La Maunia Le Kilisimasi Ma Le Tausaga Fou
Scottish - Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur
Serbian - Hristos se rodi!
Singhalese - Subha nath thalak Vewa. Subha Aluth Awrudhak Vewa
Slovak - Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok
Slovene - Vesele Bozicne. Screcno Novo Leto
Spanish - Feliz Navidad!
Swedish - God Jul and (Och) Ett Gott Nytt Ar
Tagalog - Maligayamg Pasko. Masaganang Bagong Taon
Tamil - Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal
Thai - Sawadee Pee Mai
Turkish - Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
Ukrainian - Srozhdestvom Kristovym
Urdu - Naya Saal Mubarak Ho
Vietnamese - Chung Mung Giang Sinh
Waray Maupay nga Pasko ngan Mainuswagon nga Bag-o nga Tu-ig
Welsh - Nadolig Llawen
Zulu -Nginifisela inhlanhla ne mpumelelo e nyakeni

moreluck

golden ticket member
<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; CURSOR: auto; PADDING-TOP: 0px; rem_PADDING-LEFT: 0px" vAlign=top width="100%">Christmas Tip......

If you're singing Christmas songs on your neighbor's lawn at
night with your church group, it's called "caroling."

But if you're doing it alone with no pants on, it's called "drunk
and disorderly

</TD></TR><TR><TD id=INCREDIFOOTER width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"></TD><TD id=INCREDISOUND vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD><TD id=INCREDIANIM vAlign=bottom align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

susiedriver

Olbermann: "But tonight's winner: Bill O'Reilly! You know this whole attack on Christmas nonsense that he made up? Some sort of fantasy in which the liberals are coming to your town to force you and your family to not call it Christmas anymore? The fantasy that we can't say "Merry Christmas," but you can only say "Happy Holidays"? The thing designed to stir up religious hatred and paranoia in this country? Guess what they're selling over at the Fox News online store? The Fox News "Holiday" ornament! And the O'Reilly Factor "Holiday" ornament. Who is trying to change "Merry Christmas" into "Happy Holidays"? Bill O'Reilly, that's who. Today's worst person in the world!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Susie,

Of course, you failed to mention that when you go to the Bill Oreilly site, the entire storefront is entitled in large letters.....The Oreilly Christmas Store !!

Next time get your facts straight !!:detective

susiedriver

moreluck said:
Susie,

Of course, you failed to mention that when you go to the Bill Oreilly site, the entire storefront is entitled in large letters.....The Oreilly Christmas Store !!

Next time get your facts straight !!:detective

Gee, Do you think he might have changed it since he got called on it YESTERDAY? Just like you changed your racist slur.:w00t:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Susie

Have you got your head that far up, you cant even do some of your own legwork? Go to some of these stores. In each one last year it was merry Christmas, and the year before, and before that. So what has changed, why not this year.

I think the fantasy as you call it is yours, and the ultra hate groups, the far left. They are always pointing out everyone else's faults and are the first to scream racism, but try and call their's to their attention.

No fantasy here, just plain fact, straight from my lying ears.

Just like you changed your racist slur.:w00t:

Well you never changed yours or even admitted being racist. So what the hell your you calling More on the carpet for?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know, in trying to keep the peace around here, I did edit a former post of mine even though it was somebody else's mistake I had cut and pasted there. I regret it now.

There's just nothing I can do to take bitterness from your life. So, I won't be trying.

I searched the entire Bill O'reilly Christmas Store and could not even find an ornament (Holiday or Christmas or Kwanza or Chanhuka or whatever)) available in that store.

Your comments are the most vindictive, despiteful, malicious, ornery, venomous ones I have ever run across in my life. A lot of them are unprovoked....you get mean when someone only asks a simple question.

Merry Christmas, Sweetie !!

susiedriver

Danny,

Perhaps you missed my earlier comment. I don't celebrate Xmas. After working for over twenty years every waking moment, when would I have time to shop? Even if I did, I certainly wouldn't be looking at the greetings they had on signs. Not everyone is christian, you know; and stores are in the market to sell to everyone, even heathens.

Just what does the christmas celebration have to do with Christ anyway, besides the name? I always thought it was an extension of the Roman holiday Saturnalia, now it's just a time for merchants to try to get people to spend.:bored:

susiedriver

moreluck said:
You know, in trying to keep the peace around here, I did edit a former post of mine even though it was somebody else's mistake I had cut and pasted there. I regret it now.

There's just nothing I can do to take bitterness from your life. So, I won't be trying.

I searched the entire Bill O'reilly Christmas Store and could not even find an ornament (Holiday or Christmas or Kwanza or Chanhuka or whatever)) available in that store.

Your comments are the most vindictive, despiteful, malicious, ornery, venomous ones I have ever run across in my life. A lot of them are unprovoked....you get mean when someone only asks a simple question.

Merry Christmas, Sweetie !!
What can I say, you bring out that part of me. Being ganged up on and responding is hardly unprovoked.

At least what I post ain't lies, toots.

You dishonored a distinguished USMC hero, you should be ashamed of yourself.

PS-- you'd still be posting in plain text if I hadn't told you how to change the type, and your racial slur (OK, you only repeated it) would still be there if I hadn't told you how to correct it, I don't think I was mean when I told you how to do those things. Also I would be gone at $80 if you hadn't ticked me off, but I'll make you a deal...$90 and I'm gone, no changies:wink:

over9five

Staff member
Too late. At $80, we all ask Cheryl to ban you. A deals a deal.
You are an honorable person, and you will stand by your word.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"after working for over twenty years every waking moment, when would I have time to shop?"
Come on .....give it a rest.....I have been working there over 20 yrs and I find time to shop. If not at the store they have this new thing called the internet,........ you know the place you find all the worthless links that few read.
I dont give a rats butt if you get banned, but since this is a Merry Christmas thread, why dont you leave it alone since you dont celebrate it????

R

retired

A deals a deal

over9five said:
Too late. At $80, we all ask Cheryl to ban you. A deals a deal.
You are an honorable person, and you will stand by your word.
A deals a deal
:ban::ban::ban::ban:

moreluck

golden ticket member
JUST A REMINDER TO BE SAFE COMING & GOING DURING THE UPCOMING HOLIDAYS.

READ this. It may save your life or that of your mother, sister, daughter, friend.

After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

Safety First!!

1 . Tip from Kenpo Karate: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
A) If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5 . A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (Better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably! in a zig -zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

************* Here it is *******
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."

The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby
----This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry.

over9five

Staff member
More, that was an excellent post. I have been worried about my daughter leaving work at night (17, first job). I will copy and send that to her.