Cigarette Tax Increase in New York

klein

Für Meno :)
Obesity is right up there.

They been discussing that for a few years now.... to put tax on junkfood (fast food restaurants). Personally, I would like to see a 10 or 20 cent surcharge on take out at those establishments, because of all the food wrappers and drink cups you see (even blocks away), being littered.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They been discussing that for a few years now.... to put tax on junkfood (fast food restaurants). Personally, I would like to see a 10 or 20 cent surcharge on take out at those establishments, because of all the food wrappers and drink cups you see (even blocks away), being littered.
Just tax everything we are not smart enough to handle our own money. Oh wait they already do.
But dont regulate the welfare babies who live on it cradle to grave. Dont regulate what they do with our money, which could be easily done, with the food stamp card. Just look at them fatsos swiping that food stamp card, buying pop, chips Klondike bars, giving it to the kids to use to buy junk food, Thats ok, Regulate that first.

tieguy

Banned
I'd put 'likor' right up there too because of the additional impairment to driving and causing so many traffic deaths along with the liver disease etc. I think much money could be raised from high taxes on liquor & cigs.

You could also make a fortune taxing ice cream & jello in Utah and Spam in Hawaii.

spam a vice in hawaii?

likor should be taxed at 10 times the normal rate. canadians know their government loves them if they over tax them....:)