CIR INELIGIBLE

DriverNerd

I have a house that keeps showing up as a business. On the 5 i wkuld override it but with the 6 i have just done CIR and type in House. If i did the change from com to resi and have them sign will it permanently switch to a residential stop or is it just for that instance?
I don't know how long it takes for it to change back. I know the reason we change classifications is to make UPS more money (Resi deliveries cost more than Commercial) and for air commit to change to 1200.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The 6 unfortunately does not have that from what i have seen yet. SOMETIMES an Override option appears but i have not yet figured out what exact circumstances prompt it.
It’s management implemented in the system. We have one for an apartment complex that’s like that. I’ve only seen it at apartment complexes here though.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anybody know what's up with this? I'm getting residential and business addresses mixed up and can't drop pieces that obviously were meant to be delivered on first attempt.

we were talking about delivering surepost to closed businesses a few months back. Maybe some office quarterback decided otherwise.
Clowns who update the diad failed once again.

Manifesto

Just like most people I'm still finding new things on the DIAD 6 every week. It's just so unintuitive.

Just last week I learned how to non-deliver one package and DR the rest in one stop. Something that you learned on day one of the DIAD 5 and should be easy to do but with the 6 just isn't easy.
Could you please explain the process for that? I've yet to figure out how to Ni1 and DR at the same stop.

DriverNerd

Could you please explain the process for that? I've yet to figure out how to Ni1 and DR at the same stop.
You have to be in the stop but not have the tracking number yet selected (ie. It must still be in the top section). You can swipe on the tracking number and you have two options, non deliver and not found. Select the non deliver reason then scan the rest of the packages in the stop and DR. At the very end the DIAD will prompt to scan an info notice. It's easy once you've done it a time or two, but it's still a stupid way to do it.

JustDeliverIt

You have to be in the stop but not have the tracking number yet selected (ie. It must still be in the top section). You can swipe on the tracking number and you have two options, non deliver and not found. Select the non deliver reason then scan the rest of the packages in the stop and DR. At the very end the DIAD will prompt to scan an info notice. It's easy once you've done it a time or two, but it's still a stupid way to do it.

Just figured this out a few weeks ago myself, was doing it as two stops. Didn’t know where the duplicate button was until reading this thread.

You are right, it isn’t difficult once you do it a few times but it just isn’t as straight forward as the 5.

iruhnman630

This response quoted in my other thread...

You can't spell stupid without U-P-S

Manifesto

Thanks 👍

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Get signatures? But what about COVID-19?

🧔‍♂️✊
1664217565285.gif

DiadDude

Much easier if you scan all the packages.
At the "Delivery Decision" page, select "No Person"
DIAD will prompt you to status the rest of the packages and allow you to select a release location.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

It happens a lot to me on the 6. CIR for a house stop. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an overide feature on the new board so I just sign with a straight line and write where the name would be “residential”

clever_username

Philosoraptor
We have resis that come up as CIR for absolutely no reason at all. Nobody in my center knows why. We also have some McKesson stuff that refuses to CIR but if it's sheeted as a residential stop it'll DR. Weird stuff.
I really hate McKesson. Someone in corporate needs to get them on board with CIR. Cotton balls and adult diapers don’t need signatures.

FozziesDeliveries

I really hate McKesson. Someone in corporate needs to get them on board with CIR. Cotton balls and adult diapers don’t need signatures.
Yeah i agree to that. I have a nursing home and some adult daycares that don't let me in past the entry since covid started so I don't really have a way to get a hold of anyone. I used to shipper release all that crap. Now with the 6.... "signed delivery notice" it is i guess....