CNBC Airing "Package Wars" tonight at 9 pm est

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I ran my route in perfect order yesterday due to the technology shown on the show. Then I went 20 miles each way to pick up another drivers air because apparently the technology wasn't used to dispatch that area. So much more to the business then a 1/2 hour show can portray.

Returntosender

The real question is does your HUB run like how the hub on CNBC. Everything was clean and neat. Belts not flooded, no damage package/irregs on the belts, no p/t sups screaming, no managers hiding in corners looking at the operation.

Pacman

There are many ways to make one part of the organization look as if it is doing well. Supply Chain Solutions has been the darling of some influential people with in the company and thus used cannibalistic approaches to show SCS doing well. Example, computer equipment in Taiwan small package yielding more revenue diverted to SCS to help improve the numbers but reducing our overall profit from the account. This was not an isolated incident but a standard practice to make SCS appear more robust. The lack of vision within that part of the company and the utter disregard for a systemic approach to their business was appalling. Under the SCS umbrella fell several ill conceived purchases of lackluster companies which became even more of a draw on profitability and progress.

Johney

All I'll say is i wasn't impressed with that segment at all. Like someone else said it seemed more devoted to the tech side of things and not the "REAL UPS".

barnyard

KTM rider
I was very disappointed. Not a complete waste of time, but close.

Basically, CNBC strung together the PR pieces put together by UPS and FedEx. There was absolutely no new content.

I was thinking/hoping we were going to see some inside looks at how each company competes with the other.

barnyard

KTM rider
I did not think it showed either company in an unfavorable light as the UPS pieces were done by our PR department and the Fedex pieces were done by their PR department.

The CNBC commentator should have started the program with, "more along folks, there is nothing to see here."

I was hoping/expecting to see something along the lines of the Best Buy show. Something where critics of both companies had a voice and each company would be able to show how they are or are not responding to those critics. The Best Buy show actually had more original UPS content than the 'package wars' show had.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All I'll say is i wasn't impressed with that segment at all. Like someone else said it seemed more devoted to the tech side of things and not the "REAL UPS".

I realize this site has a preponderance of "package handlers" on it but there are many "REAL UPSs" out there.

It takes all the "REAL UPSs" to make UPS successful.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did not watch it. Actually I made sure that it could not be watched.
I help make UPS successful by my hard work, and showing up when I should. The rest I am sure was "Clarksville"