code 05?

Johney

It is very simple. Under code 05, you get paid for the actual hours worked, period.
That' how I understand it also. Most Code 5's were givin back in the day when they use to do "UNDER 4's" rarely see those at all anymore. Also you would not get paid bonus on Code 5.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'll take the extra hour of pay and the paid 20 minute lunch break that comes with it, thanks.

But that's just me....
Here if you 06 (guaranteed 8) 1 hour will be deducted if you place it in the board or not. When drivers here agree to 05 they are agreeing to not take a break or a lesser one (not paid) and not enforce the 8hr guarantee.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes that's when we 05 also is to skip break. Someone on here made the claim though that when we 05 ups doesn't contribute to our benifits for that day which is ludicrous.... Wish I could find the post have no clue what it was under though.

over9five

Staff member
Here if you 06 (guaranteed 8) 1 hour will be deducted if you place it in the board or not. When drivers here agree to 05 they are agreeing to not take a break or a lesser one (not paid) and not enforce the 8hr guarantee.
Ahh, I see. Maybe it's something different.
Here if I agree to work through my lunch, I still get a 20 minute paid lunch break. AND that extra hour is OT, because I still have to work my scheduled 8. So I get an hour of OT for 40 minutes work.

We are talking different things, my bad.

Johney

Ok so a few days ago someone on here posted to never code 05 because if you do ups doesn't contribute to your benefits for that's day. This can't be true can it? If this is true I'll be on my coworkers harder than I already am about skipping break.
I believe UPS pays our benefits by the week, and you only have to have 1 report per week to have your benefits covered for that week. I'm not 100% sure but I think I heard that one time from some HR guy.

rod

Retired 22 years
Every once in awhile they would ok code 5's--------but you could almost always count on your paycheck being screwed up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We called them pay actuals. They wanted you off the clock in 5 hours, gave you 6+hours of work, you ran your butt off to get where you needed to be, didn't get paid for the 1 1/2 hour bonus and said to yourself why did I bother?

Omega man

All I see is a bunch of people contemplating violating their contracts. If you are giving up your 8hr guarantee or working your lunch, even if paid, you are entering into your own agreement with UPS which is prohibited ( Art 6 Master ). If you need an early day, put in an 8hr request (Art 37 Master ). Also, because of the recent lunch lawsuits, UPS can no longer automatically deduct an hour lunch.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It is very simple. Under code 05, you get paid for the actual hours worked, period. It doesn't matter if you work over 8 or under 8. It doesn't matter if you take a short lunch or no lunch. There is no automatic deduction of an hour for lunch.

If your wonderful management team is changing it, they are falsifying records.

almost all diad's are set up to run code 6 by default, if you change it without permission, YOU are falsifying records now

double edged sword and all that