Consequences for job abandonment

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm not asking about personal consequences :censored2:, I was asking if anyone knew what their policy was on job abandonment. For example if a new employer called them up, would it say I was fired or I resigned by job abandonment. Not whatever bull:censored2: you were going on about

Y
UPS is stupid easy, but I'm not gonna keep working for a company that plays stupid games like that.
oh yeah you got way more going on than to be dicked around by ups
Lmao

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was there for 5 or 6 months, part time while I finished my undergraduate degree. I knew UPS's retention rate but I liked my job. I loved the people there, but they had no power in changing my reasoning for quitting. The company flaunted promises of education assistance and failed to deliver. I spent weeks on the phone with them asking them how to fix it but they didn't help. I submitted everything correctly, everything they asked for and more but they rejected an already approved application, and when I appealed with more documents they rejected that too for a reason that I had already addressed and provided documents for early on. Thousands of dollars just taunting me, and so once I knew they had no intention of giving me that money I left and said nothing. I gave that company the same amount of respect they gave me.
You should have sued they ass into oblivion

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
For the 115k I made last year....I’d take it without lube...like we all so...everyday at work. And then we wake up and do it again. Money makes the world go round. 😆

Pullman Brown

Nope, they re-imburse for D- and up. I had good grades, I submitted everything they asked for. There was a mistake early on but I addressed it repeatedly, reminding them that I had already corrected the issue. They refused to correct it or do anything to fix it on their end.
Honestly, it sounds like there is more to the story. If not you’re the exception to the rule. You got your feelings hurt. Next time be a man and just tell them it’s not going to work out. It wasn’t your supervisors fault.

Honestly, it sounds like there is more to the story. If not you are the exception to the rule. You got your feelings hurt. Next time be a man and just tell them it’s not going to work out. It wasn’t your supervisors fault.
You're probably the most sane person on this website. There is more to the story but not in the way you think. I wouldn't have left the way I did if there was. They were obsessing over an issue I had already fixed. I know this because I submitted 2 applications, they told me many times I could do that and there was no problem with it. They gave me money for one of the applications which was a fraction of the total they were going to give me for the other one. I submitted the exact same documents for both.

To re-cap, they gave me money for one, the one which was significantly smaller than the other. They rejected the other which was worth thousands of dollars, twice. Despite them approving and sending the money out for the other one.

It could have happened to anyone, but I'd be a fool if I let it happen twice. That's why I quit.

I have my own place, I don't rely on my parents for anything and haven't since I started college. Everything I pay for is my own. I've been working since I was 14 to pay for college. I earn what I have, I don't collect welfare or rely on mommy and daddy for :censored2:. I paid my own way and have always.

Pullman Brown

You're probably the most sane person on this website. There is more to the story but not in the way you think. I wouldn't have left the way I did if there was. They were obsessing over an issue I had already fixed. I know this because I submitted 2 applications, they told me many times I could do that and there was no problem with it. They gave me money for one of the applications which was a fraction of the total they were going to give me for the other one. I submitted the exact same documents for both.

To re-cap, they gave me money for one, the one which was significantly smaller than the other. They rejected the other which was worth thousands of dollars, twice. Despite them approving and sending the money out for the other one.

It could have happened to anyone, but I'd be a fool if I let it happen twice. That's why I quit.
So you submitted two applications, for one semester, instead of one application, which is the normal procedure? It doesn’t make sense. Devil is in the details.

So you submitted two applications, for one semester, instead of one application, which is the normal procedure? It doesn’t make sense. Devil is in the details.
Two applications for one semester. They have a limit on how many classes you can put in each application, 4 to be exact. I was taking 6, so I asked them about it and they said to just put in another application. Both got approved, but then they snaked the one that paid the most at the end of the semester.

Pullman Brown

Two applications for one semester. They have a limit on how many classes you can put in each application, 4 to be exact. I was taking 6, so I asked them about it and they said to just put in another application. Both got approved, but then they snaked the one that paid the most at the end of the semester.
What was the appeal process like and are you sure that you had no other higher authority to appeal to after your initial appeal was rejected?

you've worked for the same company for 25 years, you're loyal to people who don't care about you. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who is begging to be exploited like that

You have “your own place” aka a mattress in a kitchen...thousands of $ in tuition that ups wouldn’t reimburse you for and no job. Yes you’re totally winning. I should quit my job too! We should all quit the big brown machine because they play games and lie.
You should if they treat you like :censored2: and you have money saved up

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'm not asking about personal consequences :censored2:, I was asking if anyone knew what their policy was on job abandonment. For example if a new employer called them up, would it say I was fired or I resigned by job abandonment. Not whatever bull:censored2: you were going on about
Im pretty sure all they would say is your start date and end date. Nothing else. At least thats what ive heard.