Conservative leaders demand apology from Huffington over anti-Catholic column

texan

A group of socially conservative leaders is demanding Huffington Post publisher Arianna Huffington
apologize for allowing a column to be published on her website that compares Catholics to pedophiles
and attacks communion as a "barbaric ritual."

Describing Mass as a "barbaric ritual," Doyle writes that "a black-robed cleric casts a spell over some bread and
wine, transfiguring it into the actual living flesh and blood of their Christ. Followers then line up to eat the
Jesus meat and drink his holy blood in a cannibalistic reverie not often seen outside Cinemax."

Read more: Conservative Leaders Demand Apology From Huffington Over Anti-Catholic Column | Fox News

804brown

A group of socially conservative leaders is demanding Huffington Post publisher Arianna Huffington
apologize for allowing a column to be published on her website that compares Catholics to pedophiles
and attacks communion as a "barbaric ritual."

Describing Mass as a "barbaric ritual," Doyle writes that "a black-robed cleric casts a spell over some bread and
wine, transfiguring it into the actual living flesh and blood of their Christ. Followers then line up to eat the
Jesus meat and drink his holy blood in a cannibalistic reverie not often seen outside Cinemax."

Read more: Conservative Leaders Demand Apology From Huffington Over Anti-Catholic Column | Fox News

The column sounds about right. The last wedding I was at I sort of said a few things similar to that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
While the article is overboard (Barbaric?), this sacrament always seemed a bit strange and unsettling to me and I have not participated in the Eucharist since I was a teenager.
I grew up as a Southern Baptist where the Eucharist was conducted weekly.
This is also a ritual practiced by other Protestant denominations.

It should be noted that the author of the article is the producer of The Simpsons and calls the article a satire.
It would seem to be a parody of the uproar over Political/Religious issues recently.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would love to see all the so-called creative people do a spoof on Mohammed and Islam..............Catholics get targeted because people think they'll just turn the other cheek.

Show us your Mohammed caricatures and spoofs....what's the matter....cat got your tongue?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The catholic church has lost it leadership ability with its followers in the USA with its constant cases of child abuse, rape and sodomy. Its multimillion dollar payouts to victims over and over have only shown that it as an institution is unworthy of credibility.

This is why this contraception issue, isnt an issue for catholics at large.

Only the right wing drones think this is an issue.

Peace.

TOS

brett636

The catholic church has lost it leadership ability with its followers in the USA with its constant cases of child abuse, rape and sodomy. Its multimillion dollar payouts to victims over and over have only shown that it as an institution is unworthy of credibility.

This is why this contraception issue, isnt an issue for catholics at large.

Only the right wing drones think this is an issue.

Peace.

TOS

Being the good Catholic that you claim to be you surely know its not in the best interest of your religion to denigrate it like this.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Being the good Catholic that you claim to be you surely know its not in the best interest of your religion to denigrate it like this.

The catholic church has DENIGRATED itself long before I came around to saying anything. An organization filled with GAY MEN praying on young GAY MEN. I dont pray to these phonies, and ask what would GOD do if he knew what was going on behind the scenes in the catholic church.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
......."what would GOD do if he knew ..........." (TOS)

Apparently you've forgotten yout basic catechism.......God is all-knowing ! There's no "IFS".

bbsam

Staff member
I would love to see all the so-called creative people do a spoof on Mohammed and Islam..............Catholics get targeted because people think they'll just turn the other cheek.

Show us your Mohammed caricatures and spoofs....what's the matter....cat got your tongue?
actually the Southpark guys spoofed Islam years ago and were amazed at the uproar about the cartoon a few years ago. Stone and Parker did it first.

As far as spoofing Christianity: Really? Aren't conservative Christians over this yet? Monty Python did it with The Life of Brian, segments of The Meaning of Life, and countless skits. Know why? 'Cause it's damn funny, that's why.

moreluck

golden ticket member
actually the Southpark guys spoofed Islam years ago and were amazed at the uproar about the cartoon a few years ago. Stone and Parker did it first.

As far as spoofing Christianity: Really? Aren't conservative Christians over this yet? Monty Python did it with The Life of Brian, segments of The Meaning of Life, and countless skits. Know why? 'Cause it's damn funny, that's why.

They say Christians have bigger shoulders to handle it. Rushdie predates Southpark and they are still after him!!

bbsam

Staff member
If Christians have bigger shoulders, why all the whining? Oh. I see. Suffering for Christ is only cool if you get to draw attention to yourself.