Contract Approval Vote

wkmac

What type?

Variety of annuals (pholox, celosia, marigolds, impatiens, African daisy and some my wife picked out I can't even pronounce much less spell) but also made a large plot for wild flowers (always wanted one) to attract the pollinators. Honey bees are getting hammered so anything to help is worthwhile IMO.

If you are asking about the coffee, see Hoax.
:wink2:

Why would UPS Teamsters want to be involved in the "Central States" anything?!
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I feel like our contract is being used to heal the woes of the Teamsters! 6 years ago the Teamsters coaxed 6 billion dollars out of UPS to dissolve their connection to Central States. And we wound up with half ass raises! Now we are being told that our healthcare is being moved to union(Central States?) healthcare. Do we want this? How long before our benefits drop? Or we do wind up being asked to pay on our healthcare. Now that it will be our own Union asking! UPS Teamsters have earned our benefits, wages and pensions on the strength and Profits of UPS! Why would we want them diluted by going into under performing programs?! [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I am trying to keep an open mind but this agreement does not seem good for UPS Teamsters![/FONT]

rudy5150

Everyone please vote NO! This is not UPS's best and final offer! Send hoffa and hall back to the table this is pathetic. 4 yr progression for new full timers to get top scale? r u kidding me? Record profits and not even a dollar raise a yr for everyone? Co pays and higher deductables! holy cow can this contract be any worse! Part timers still making crumbs too

I agree! Every UPS Teamster needs to let their local leadership know that this contract is unacceptable! The IBT works for us and not vice versa! Don't siphon off our contract to fix/band-aid the woes of the IBT! Is 3.90 over 5 years, raising the progression to 4years, weaker healthcare benefits suppose to come close to rewarding UPS Teamsters for our hard work and UPS record profits?! Vote Hell NO!

oldupsman

I predict an 81% "Yes" vote on the first round.
No way Hoax. You're going to see more no votes then maybe you've ever seen. Those 40% who have UPS health care
are not going to like this one bit. Locals in the Metro Philly area have had UPS health care since 1976. And it's a top notch
plan. Which never cost them a dime while working and $50 a month when retired. Our local has an info meeting tomorrow
and my old steward called me and asked me to attend even though I can't vote. He told me everyone is up in arms.
Nobody wants anything to do with Teamster health care.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No way Hoax. You're going to see more no votes then maybe you've ever seen. Those 40% who have UPS health care
are not going to like this one bit. Locals in the Metro Philly area have had UPS health care since 1976. And it's a top notch
plan. Which never cost them a dime while working and $50 a month when retired. Our local has an info meeting tomorrow
and my old steward called me and asked me to attend even though I can't vote. He told me everyone is up in arms.
Nobody wants anything to do with Teamster health care.

That's rousing support of the Teamsters Union.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I trusted the IBT about as much as I trusted UPS.

Thats the same way I look at both, I don't trust either one. The company lies to us to make as much money off us as they can, just like the Teamsters do. Its always about the money, neither one of them give a crap about any of us.

Lets all vote no and go on strike. We can bankrupt this company. We can piss off all the customers. When we come back it can be a shell of a company. Those of us with senority will still work. With all the lost volume they can lay off massive amounts of US. Fed ex can grow to a greater share of the volume and they can hire more non union workers. This is a great thing right. If this happened you would all be crying.

If we vote this down our customers WILL bolt. We will go on strike and and it WILL never EVER be the SAME. This is a fair contract. Nothing stays the same forever. Is it a concession? Yes but we need this company to always make record profits so we can keep getting good contracts. If we go on strike we will wreck this company. The general public hates unions these days. Think about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lets all vote no and go on strike. We can bankrupt this company. We can piss off all the customers. When we come back it can be a shell of a company. Those of us with senority will still work. With all the lost volume they can lay off massive amounts of US. Fed ex can grow to a greater share of the volume and they can hire more non union workers. This is a great thing right. If this happened you would all be crying.

If we vote this down our customers WILL bolt. We will go on strike and and it WILL never EVER be the SAME. This is a fair contract. Nothing stays the same forever. Is it a concession? Yes but we need this company to always make record profits so we can keep getting good contracts. If we go on strike we will wreck this company. The general public hates unions these days. Think about it.

How can u say record profits,concession, and good contract all in the same paragraph?

I am in Local 688 is St. Louis and we feel the same way. Why would we DOWNGRADE our healthcare? Anything that starts with "Central States" is suspect! No Thank YOU!

I am in Local 688 is St. Louis and we feel the same way. Why would we DOWNGRADE our healthcare? Anything that starts with "Central States" is suspect! No Thank YOU!
Ok do you want to strike over it? If this is voted down ups will let us strike. This is for sure. Ups can't control the rising cost of healthcare. It is what it is. Go on strike and have no benifits and after three weeks and yiur wife or kids need to go to the doctor central states will look Real Real good.

Since 03 23 10 I've been taking 130 out of my check and putting it into the teamster credit union. For a strike or the next time I get fired. I'm more than ready are you. I don't want a strike and I'm good financially.

oldupsman

Ok do you want to strike over it? If this is voted down ups will let us strike. This is for sure. Ups can't control the rising cost of healthcare. It is what it is. Go on strike and have no benifits and after three weeks and yiur wife or kids need to go to the doctor central states will look Real Real good.
Central states health care will never look real real good. No they can't control the rising cost of health care, but they sure can still afford it.
This is not a company that's hurting. 4 billion a year profit? For goodness sakes when do you take a stand? Why should anybody downgrade their
health care? We've earned those benefits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nobody's even saying strike. Why'd they give up negotiating so soon??? It's only APRIL!!!!

Go back to the table.

407 could be right but I don't see any way the company pushes us to strike.

If we vote this down I'd guess we would have a solid contract within 2 weeks.