Contract Approval Vote

Stratocaster

It is a good contract. You probably voted for mitt Romney and George bush. Bush set labor back 40 years. It's time for us to evolve. We all still will have great medical. I laugh that you think my medical sucks. I have never had any problems with it. The consession is the transfer of liability from the company to the union. This was something ups needed to protect there credit rating. Cry me a river you still will have great medical and make $36.29 an hour at the end of this contract. I've had a 400 deductible and I'm still living high on the hog.

Actually I've given up on the political system. You remind me of the Old Veteran 22.3's in my building that are collecting pension while working. Last contract they were all lobbying for everyone to vote "Yes", knowing the part-timers would get screwed. For you to call this contract good, shows that you the care for the future of the Union and you might as well go into management. UPS is playing poker with us. If you think this is UPS best offer and want to "fold", than thats you.
If this is how the company acts now while making record profits, I would hate to know what more they would ask for if the were actually losing money.

I was compensated with 135,000 in wages and benifits last year through contracts negotiated by hall. It amazes my how very few actually live in the real world. Whatever.

Why should we give concessions when UPS is making record profits?! We should be negotiating from the strongest possible position! And we would be if the IBT/Hall and Hoffa weren't trying to siphon off our contract to fix what ail's the IBT! UPS Teamsters deserve a strong contract! A contract that reflects the record setting performances of UPS! We gain leverage by pushing the negotiations closer to the deadline. July 31 is months away. WE shouldn't be settling a contract just because UPS is in a hurry to, Send hall back to the table! WE CAN WAIT!!

gotbrown

Lets say we vote this down, what happens then? we send them back to the table. which a few things could happen we get some small improvement in some places while losing in others..they cut back from starting wage and insurance payouts and give ptmers more $$ with health care contributions from them to stay in ups plan...they say no last best final.... I do not believe anyone is saying strike, just we would want see if we can get better improvements.. What is the risk in that? Its a serious question what are the risk if we vote no..

Inthegame

Just get back from the local bar? Even I don't believe this. Stick and 407, I believe are UPS union stewards who blindly follow the Old Guard leadership. (Like I've been saying) The Old Guard is currently headed by Hoffa/Hall. Again, How much money has Hoffa took from UPS over the years as campaign contributions for running for Teamster GP? Hoffa sold us out when he took dime one from UPS. They didn't give him the money out of the goodness of their hearts.
I'm not a Hoffa guy but you just don't get it...the only place where any UPS contribution (illegal by the way) went to Hoffa is in the deluded imagination of a wannbe leader named Paff. Hoffa wiped the competition out resoundingly, including the TDU supported candidate Sandy Pope, and was financed by legal contributions from union members.

A

anonymous6

75% yes from brown cafers.

65% from total west coast.

55% yes from Bay areas

75% NO from New England states and New York.

it will pass with around 55-65 % approval.

stink219

75% yes from brown cafers.

65% from total west coast.

55% yes from Bay areas

75% NO from New England states and New York.

it will pass with around 55-65 % approval.
I think your NE percentage is way off. Local 25 and local 251 have amazing medical that will not be touched.

stink219

Just get back from the local bar? Even I don't believe this. Stick and 407, I believe are UPS union stewards who blindly follow the Old Guard leadership. (Like I've been saying) The Old Guard is currently headed by Hoffa/Hall. Again, How much money has Hoffa took from UPS over the years as campaign contributions for running for Teamster GP? Hoffa sold us out when he took dime one from UPS. They didn't give him the money out of the goodness of their hearts.
I'm not a Hoffa guy but you just don't get it...the only place where any UPS contribution (illegal by the way) went to Hoffa is in the deluded imagination of a wannbe leader named Paff. Hoffa wiped the competition out resoundingly, including the TDU supported candidate Sandy Pope, and was financed by legal contributions from union members.
Great post!! Dead balls on!!! As for RealBitch, the name is Stink not stick. And we were at the local bar today!! We are supporters of our union "the current guard"!!! I feel bad for your mother, did you want to destroy her too every time she cooked something you didn't like? We are not out to get you, you are extremely insignificant. However, people like 407, BUG, ITG, myself and a host of others are just trying to protect our union. Don't ever, EVER!, make the mistake that you and your TDU p@ssies can come into our house, call us names and try to destroy our stuff and not expect to get your ass beat!

UPSGUY72

Does this mean I can spend the money in my personal strike fund?

We are not going on strike if we do we will we are going to get a worse deal then they are given us now. The economy is a lot different now then it was in 97 and in 97 things didn't turn out the way the union wanted it to did it...

I have never voted for Hoffa and I never will! If Hoffa and Hall can't negotiate a UPS Teamsters contract without the IBT conflict of interest then we need to negotiate our own contract! We can't afford to have our benefits and the future of our benefits put in danger by going into under performing plans! Why would/should we downgrade our benefits?!! Vote Hell NO!

stink219

I have never voted for Hoffa and I never will! If Hoffa and Hall can't negotiate a UPS Teamsters contract without the IBT conflict of interest then we need to negotiate our own contract! We can't afford to have our benefits and the future of our benefits put in danger by going into under performing plans! Why would/should we downgrade our benefits?!! Vote Hell NO!
The day that they negotiate something to make EVERYONE happy, is the day that UPS collapses in financial disaster. Do you know what you are talking about. hall has done nothing except make me a rich man. He should be thanked by everyone!!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't begrudge the financials of the contract. I took a look at the Central States CS 6 plan and as it stands now, it is far inferior to my pt benes. But, the plan is suppose to be beefed up to match current employee benes if the TDU info is right. Not a huge TDU fan, but information is information. If the contract comes to a vote without the particulars of the benes being fleshed out, it's a no vote on GP. I'll never vote for something just so I can see what's in it.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Ok do you want to strike over it? If this is voted down ups will let us strike. This is for sure. Ups can't control the rising cost of healthcare. It is what it is. Go on strike and have no benifits and after three weeks and yiur wife or kids need to go to the doctor central states will look Real Real good.

There is NO chance we will ever go on strike with Hoffa as our President. No chance.

over9five

Staff member
There is NO chance we will ever go on strike with Hoffa as our President. No chance.
Hmmm, isn't a strike our strongest leverage at contract time? If UPS knows Hoffa would never strike, how does this knowledge affect how UPS negotiates? If there's no chance of a strike, what compels UPS to give us this outstanding (as several stewards tell us) contract???

quamba 638

If UPS is making record profits and my insurance coverage gets worse than what it is, or if the information isn't clear like it is now... I will vote no. Besides, we are getting less in pay from this contract from the previous.. Not much less but still less.