Contract renegotiation

Damok

If a renegotiation were to occur I'm curious about the following:

A) Do you believe that the committee that pushed so hard for this agreement will be willing or able to get any or all of the changes you want?

B) What are you willing to trade for what you want? Or do you believe you can get those changes without a trade off?

C) Do you think this agreement is a first step to saving our pension or do you believe it will be gone/converted at some point down the road anyway?

D) What do you believe the union uses as a rationale for negotiating on our behalf? Their own greed? The interests of the members? Something else?

E) No matter what happens with this contract do you believe a change in top leadership is possible? Who do you want there?

These are questions I've been going over in my head since I came here and was curious what people thought. Some of the questions are more geared to people who are against the contract and others are more universal.

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
A: No i dont think they would be willing to do what it takes to get what we want, how could they when they think they already did what it took!

B: Well with the CS buyout, we should be able to get what we want, the teamsters have never wanted ups to have their own pension and now the teamsters gave into that and for what tradeoff did we get? I see none at all worth what the CS is worth.

C: I do believe the buyout is appropriate, i would feel more comfortable having a UPS/Teamster pension rather then a Teamster pension, however, we need to be careful in the decisions that are made down the road so we protect ourselves.

D: I believe they were offered something for themselves rather then the members, cause i see no benefit what so ever that we got out of this deal. The hard working parttimers are taking a big hit from this, they did not benefit at all and they make up the most of ups AND the ups teamsters.

E: YES, definetly. Dont have any ideas on who i would want there yet.

Damok

A: No i dont think they would be willing to do what it takes to get what we want, how could they when they think they already did what it took!

B: Well with the CS buyout, we should be able to get what we want, the teamsters have never wanted ups to have their own pension and now the teamsters gave into that and for what tradeoff did we get? I see none at all worth what the CS is worth.

C: I do believe the buyout is appropriate, i would feel more comfortable having a UPS/Teamster pension rather then a Teamster pension, however, we need to be careful in the decisions that are made down the road so we protect ourselves.

D: I believe they were offered something for themselves rather then the members, cause i see no benefit what so ever that we got out of this deal. The hard working parttimers are taking a big hit from this, they did not benefit at all and they make up the most of ups AND the ups teamsters.

E: YES, definetly. Dont have any ideas on who i would want there yet.

I appreciate the response Mystakilla. I started this thread to see how closely we all think on the issues... whether it's more of a disagreement on how we get there rather than what the end result should be. I hope we can get some more feedback... it would be interesting to see how people respond when they think about the questions.