Corporate Security Opening Packages On Belt

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Noticed Security opening, inspecting and re-taping up packages this morning.

Anyone else notice this?

Is this their response to the DOJ lawsuit about pharmecutical drugs?

hypo hanna

Have not seen it but certainly plausible. I hope they are (A) not making the sort late and (B) resealing with tape that states the pkg was inspected by FedEx security. Otherwise the driver could be accused of pilfering.

Doc Sorting Dude

They better not open those boxes with security paper tape on it. The customers will not sign you off until they know all the contents are there. What's the chances they'll find pharma goods in any random box, its a crapshoot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have not seen it but certainly plausible. I hope they are (A) not making the sort late and (B) resealing with tape that states the pkg was inspected by FedEx security. Otherwise the driver could be accused of pilfering.

Probably a dog and pony show to feign concern and show the Feds that we are "on it".

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I see corp. security and the law open all the boxes they want on certain days.
No big deal to me. Just a waste of money.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
On this topic...I have a daily delivery and today it was 600 cans of baby formula bought on ebay or covertly acquired by purchasing it for 50c on the dollar usually by people selling their w.i.c. and foodstamps. I have more than enough proof and witnesses on my end, but is it illegal?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I have opened questionable boxes myself at FedEx Office, right in front of the staff. Broken! I am not taking it. Improper packaging, not taking it. Oversize..overweight...not taking it. I will not pickup a potential claim. Equally I tossed off dozens of unmarked alcohol last week for a homebrew competition. Unlabled! No adult signature!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No!
Should you stay out of it? Yes!
"You don't get paid to be a security officer" - Being told this many times.[/QUOTE

Sage advice. Don't ever involve yourself in something that can be reversed onto you. I have actually re-taped boxes spilling cocaine because I didn't want to get snuffed/beaten/hunted down by an angry recipient. Never be the "hero" at this company....it doesn't pay, and if they want to get rid of you they instantly have an excuse...one that you conveniently created for them by becoming involved.

I knowingly and willingly deliver illicit drugs, guns, ammo, and everything else...every day. I choose not to ask questions.