Covid pay reimbursement vs. reality...so far.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
“ We didn’t get the paperwork” , what kind of lame sorry excuse is that. We can land a man on the moon but can’t fax a few papers. Sounds like UPS just wants to say “ we lost the paperwork” to see who will call and follow up not being paid.

SHAME ON YOU UPS , SHAME ON YOU
🧔✊

If UPS was in charge of the moon landing Orion would have had them stop at Jupiter and hit the moon on the way back

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
A fellow union brother here went from part-time to full-time and somehow was coded out as being fired. He didn’t find out till he got crushed with his daughters dental bills that weren’t covered.....but I can’t miss a scan?
🧔✊

Last One In

A fellow union brother here went from part-time to full-time and somehow was coded out as being fired. He didn’t find out till he got crushed with his daughters dental bills that weren’t covered.....but I can’t miss a scan?
🧔✊
Never ceases to amaze me that UPS can use "the dog ate my homework" excuse for any of their foul-ups, but we have no valid reason for any of our mistakes.

vvv

Preamble: I have been fully vaxed for months. I got Covid. So, went to work on my Sunday feeder run....felt fine. Woke up Monday evening and felt like I'd been run over by a truck....btw, when you get Covid....you'll know it. Called in an option day. Next day went to the wife's school and got a rapid test through the school RN nurse.....positive.

So, the next day we filed for covid pay. Filled out the form and attached the "any other " paperwork you have(in my case the test results). I began my quarantine 10-14 days with weekends. And waited.

My wife is a cancer patient and this is all pretty important for us as she is quite vulnerable to infection.

Meantime, I got a letter from Workman's comp......huh? I contacted my ORS and he had never heard or knew it existed.....with his name on it.....

I called the Hall.....benefits lady didn't know why......

Steward.....had no idea....

4 weeks go by....call the covid hotline.....void that answers says "you didn't send in your paperwork...." Me: "yes we did".

Next day: we send in the "paperwork" 5 days in a row.....I call the void.....She: " You didn't send in the paperwork..." Me: "Yes we did". Void: "let me talk to my supervisor...." 5 minutes later....."Oh, we found it". Huh?

Finally get an email says we are set to review your case(yes or denied)....Review? It can be denied?

Today, I get another letter from W/C informing I have been assigned a contractor to "assist me " in my W/C claim. Huh? I've never filed a W/C claim....ever.

I called and got no answer....her voicemail did state she goes home at 4pm.....must be nice.

So, what's going on? Is this all handled by W/C? Doesn't the W/C system require doctors and such and boards and all that?

I did get a return to work letter from my Doc. There was not neg test or even talk of one. Doc: " feeling better?" Ok. Go back to work....
Was a pretty annoying read in my opinion. Therefore.....I have nothing else.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Never ceases to amaze me that UPS can use "the dog ate my homework" excuse for any of their foul-ups, but we have no valid reason for any of our mistakes.

That is why they eliminated the HR Departments. (Not that they were any good in the first place)

Most sane people just give up...:felloforit1:

"Mission Accomplished"....:salute:

quad decade guy

Thanks for sharing this. Not surprising at all. I’m sure with your tenacity it will work out fine. Hope you are feeling better.

How’s is your wife doing? I hope and prayer for complete recovery for her.
Thanks. She has 1 treatment left. Treating herself with a trip to Disney World. Thanks for asking.

quad decade guy

I talked to an HR rep and she didn't get my paperwork either. She had me email to her as I was on the phone and had me read off confirmation info back to her as I received it so she could process it. It took about 2 weeks to get paid for me. They should repopulate your personal time used also.
Apparently UPS passes your info off to Liberty Mutual first so they can harass you while you are sick in an effort to free the company of any future liability all while essentially saying they you and your health mean nothing to them.
I agree.

quad decade guy

Was just wondering why you waited for so long.

I'm hoping you would know better.... dealing with UPS

Yep.
Well, was told it can be awhile.....10,000 and counting cases.

The last letter confirmed I'm in the pipeline and "we'll let you know".

We will survive until then.

Talking to the void at the call center everyday just wastes my time.

Again, if I get paid soon....Im satisfied.

quad decade guy

At least they didn’t cancel your “Healthcare” for the time you had off. Consider yourself blessed..

Always expect the worst case scenario when you are deal with an understaffed, clueless health care bureaucracy. They will eventually bill or code wrong no matter how you follow the steps.

Part of the “New Normal”...
Well, not out of the woods yet.....Wife had a chemo treatment during that time and they are $13k a pop. Would not be surprised about anything at this point. I don't even want to fight any of that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Well, was told it can be awhile.....10,000 and counting cases.

The last letter confirmed I'm in the pipeline and "we'll let you know".

We will survive until then.

Talking to the void at the call center everyday just wastes my time.

Again, if I get paid soon....Im satisfied.

Found out today I got the “crud” after the two shots...quarantine 10 days, lucky I am on Vacation next week...joy. 👹