Credit Card Rewards Are Fun

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I paid for hotels in Vegas and a rental car last year. The flights were paid for with credits from 2020 cancellations. Which were originally credit card points.

I learned from “The Points Guy” as well as a few YouTubers. YouTubers are a dime a dozen though. And often don’t know what they’re talking about or fail to consider that not everyone’s situation is the same.
I was just kidding but it's fun to think about going crazy.

I have the Costco Visa and always pay off balance every month. We spend a lot at Costco so those 2 rebate checks you get every year in February and March are nice.

We use those checks to get things we normally wouldn't get. It's like Christmas again.

I use to have a bunch of reward cards but got tired of keeping track of everything even though some of the rewards were nice. We used to get them when they offered extra credit/money for just opening them, use them once and then cancel.

We did that with the Home depot CC's.They would give you $25 I think for opening a card. Think I did that 6 times. They didnt care how many cards you got. Cancelled every one of them after making purchases for home projects we needed anyways.

Now only have the Visa and a back up AMX.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was just kidding but it's fun to think about going crazy.

I have the Costco Visa and always pay off balance every month. We spend a lot at Costco so those 2 rebate checks you get every year in February and March are nice.

We use those checks to get things we normally wouldn't get. It's like Christmas again.

I use to have a bunch of reward cards but got tired of keeping track of everything even though some of the rewards were nice. We used to get them when they offered extra credit/money for just opening them, use them once and then cancel.

We did that with the Home depot CC's.They would give you $25 I think for opening a card. Think I did that 6 times. They didnt care how many cards you got. Cancelled every one of them after making purchases for home projects we needed anyways.

Now only have the Visa and a back up AMX.
I just opened a new card that’ll be used for 99% of our spending. No more worrying about my wife using the wrong card diluting the point values. Which happens ALLOT!