Damn ups driver application ask your entire driving record now..

margaritaville

It use to just ask the last 3 years i thought. Now they use the words "have you ever?" First of all its hard to remember that far back. Second of all it makes you look like a really :censored2:ty person. Like people change and maybe they made bad choices in the past but are different now.

For example: my record is clean for 10 years except for a 2 month period over 3 years ago. I got two speedings tickets and a seperate misdeamnor (i dont want to say what it, is but you can prob figure it out) that led to the suspension of my liscense. Just like a really :censored2:ty two month period in my life where i was just being careless i guess.

The wording on the application is just bad though. First it says "have you ever," than if you say "yes" it says "when were you convicted." But if you take a class to get it off your record than it shouldnt be on your record? So i dont want to admit to things i wasnt "convicted" of but did get in trouble for..

Either way it makes it really hard not to unintenially lie on this thing now when i cant remember exact dates. Also dont want to admit to stuff that isnt on my record. But the #1 thing i dont want to do is lie. So im just confused on how to fill it out. Like if i took class to have something removed should i still put it on the app?

Notretiredyet

Go to DMV and have them give you a printout of your driving record. Whatever that shows is what needs to be disclosed, cause that's what they're going to run.

For example: my record is clean for 10 years except for a 2 month period over 3 years ago. I got two speedings tickets and a seperate misdeamnor (i dont want to say what it, is but you can prob figure it out) that led to the suspension of my liscense. Just like a really :censored2:ty two month period in my life where i was just being careless i guess.
quote]

No, your record is clean for the last 3 years

margaritaville

Alright ill do that. The word "convicted" is what is bothering me. Since i took classes and passed for everything anything i ever got in trouble for. So i feel im not "convicted" of anything and dont want to fill that out. Like i took a class for both my speeding tickets to have it not on my record and i took diversion for my other "incident." So i was never "convicted" which is what it is asking.

I just really dont want to lie on anything but would rather not fill anything out i dont need to either. Like i said my record is clean for last 3 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As was mentioned above, go to your local DMV or go online and get a copy of your license abstract. Submit this along with your application or bring to your interview .

Resident know-it-all.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is a little sad in a way that someone with no real experience driving (but never drove enough to have any violations) will get hired over someone who has driven extensively and may be a better driver but has a couple of tickets.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It is a little sad in a way that someone with no real experience driving (but never drove enough to have any violations) will get hired over someone who has driven extensively and may be a better driver but has a couple of tickets.
As a former cop, and a former speeder I can tell you that those who get tickets and/or accidents tend to continue that trend. There is also a correlation between those with who are irresponsible with paying bills and irresponsible drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a former cop, and a former speeder I can tell you that those who get tickets and/or accidents tend to continue that trend. There is also a correlation between those with who are irresponsible with paying bills and irresponsible drivers.

...which is why auto insurance companies run credit checks on new applicants...

Resident know-it-all.

Depends on the tickets.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The MVR they run for package car only goes back three years, if you're going for package then don't waste your time listing anything before then.

On a side note, the CLUE report everyone uses provided by Lexis Nexis often has inaccuracies that will affect your auto insurance rates.
I had a not-at-fault accident incorrectly listed as AT-fault on my report. I didn't find out until I was shopping around for a better rate.

You're legally entitled to one free copy of this record every year.
https://personalreports.lexisnexis.com/fact_act_claims_bundle/landing.jsp

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There are two types of inquiries----"hard" and "soft". "Soft" inquiries, such as the one above, do not show up while "hard" inquiries, such as when you are opening a new account, do and may lower your credit score.
Correct.
Employment and insurance checks should not show up. They should be soft checks. Insurance doesn't actually officially directly check your credit. They use a vendor called LexisNexis to form an "insurance score"which is made up of factors including claim history and credit record but the insurance score isn't the same as a credit score and insurance companies don't have access to your actual credit history or score.