Deal Alert: Timberline Pro Boots

born2Bwild

These are the best boots I owned. they have lasted the longest. I know Ecco are hight rated but at $ 200 plus a pair I wont touch them. at shoebuy.com I gat a pair waterproof, insulated for 74 bucks. enter code EMLTHANKSGIVING09 for 20% off and when you register into new account they will take an additional 10% off.
good luck and be safe out there

barnyard

KTM rider
What kind of life do you get out of them??? I have Whites that I have worn for 2 years and look like they will be good for another 2. I also have danners that are starting their 3rd winter and still look pretty darn good.

If I can get 3-4 years out of a sub-$200 boot, cool.

BROWN430

Do they last and are they comfortable? I can only get less than a year out of mine. I have tried REDWINGS and ROCKY boots. They always split out or the soul on the top of the boot starts coming off. Then they are not so waterproof. I had a pair of REDWINGS that were suppose to be great. Salesman says there is no way you will wear these out. O.K. $150 pair of boots. Year garuntee. The soul where it raps around top kept coming off. In 8 months I went through 3 pair. Last time in told the guy to forget about it that I was tired of getting my free boots.

born2Bwild

this deal is not confined to only timberline you can buy whatever you like. for me these boots lasted the longest. depends on climate you work in and how much you use them. I am in no way affiliated with the website and do not stand to gain anything at all.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I refuse to buy Chinese-made work boots. For a few $$ more I can buy a pair of Danners that are made right here in Oregon. Once the soles are worn out you can send them back to the factory and for about $80 they will "recraft" them with a new sole, new laces, restitch any threads that are coming undone, etc. The Danner factory outlet store is less than an hour from my house and they often have killer deals on "factory seconds" that have minor cosmetic blemishes or are discontinued/overstocked models. Danners are the shizzle.

barnyard

KTM rider
Seems like a poor value.

If I spend $250 on a pair of shoes that lasts 6 years, are comfortable and good to my feet and back, I have gotten good value.

I will grant, that a year is only 6 months for me. I wear winter boots 1/2 the year and summer shoes the other half.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I wear winter boots 1/2 the year and summer shoes the other half.

I have to wear athletic shoes (Nike's/Reebok's) I like the feel and the weight. Boots are just too bulky and heavy for me. Unless...someone can convince of of good lightweight boots.

christian c

been using a pair of wolverines for about a year. the laces and lace eye holes arent worth a flip but the stitching and soles are decent

705red

Browncafe Steward
Danners are the only boot I will buy. A customer turned me on several years ago and every peak I pick up a new pair. About $140 a pair and they last me about a year.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have 3 different pairs of boots that I wear depending on teh depth of the snow. But if it isn't snowing then I wear my Nike crosstrainers all year round.