Debating applying for ups tractor trailer.

quad decade guy

I have never been chewed out by any managers for having a late trailer. Air or ground.

Really? Never chewed out for something at UPS that wasn't your fault or had absolutely nothing to do

with or even remotely, possibly under your control?..........WOW! Never brought in loads and the mgt.

person(whoever) is angry and takes it out on you? Ever busted your butt 14 hours without a single

break, food, pee in a bottle and still get chewed out when you get back in? Utopia.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Really? Never chewed out for something at UPS that wasn't your fault or had absolutely nothing to do

with or even remotely, possibly under your control?..........WOW! Never brought in loads and the mgt.

person(whoever) is angry and takes it out on you? Ever busted your butt 14 hours without a single

break, food, pee in a bottle and still get chewed out when you get back in? Utopia.

Why aren't you taking breaks?

ManInBrown

Well, I've done both. 15 each. Pkg-you might survive it, but you'll be in a wheelchair with a fused back

and fake knees. Feeder-get fat and die of stroke/heart attack, sleep apnea, diabetes. And doing nothing

in feeder? 14 hour days(3rd shift). Try it. Fight the fatigue, drowsiness, three different road conditions,

traffic(in a 53ft.). Hey pal, we all work our asses off...even in mgt. And there are feeder jobs that are

nothing more than pkg in a tractor trailer. And yeah, bring an air trailer in late and mgt there is chewing

you out- why? Because the airplanes were late. Yeah man, feeder gets chewed out for things absolutely

110% not our faults...just like pkg. Do nothing? 14 hours of it.
Where do you work that feeder gets chewed out? Bout the funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

Johney

Haven’t since I’ve been in feeders. Not Utopia just our feeder managers aren’t :censored2:s. Sounds like yours are.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well, I've done both. 15 each. Pkg-you might survive it, but you'll be in a wheelchair with a fused back

and fake knees. Feeder-get fat and die of stroke/heart attack, sleep apnea, diabetes. And doing nothing

in feeder? 14 hour days(3rd shift). Try it. Fight the fatigue, drowsiness, three different road conditions,

traffic(in a 53ft.). Hey pal, we all work our asses off...even in mgt. And there are feeder jobs that are

nothing more than pkg in a tractor trailer. And yeah, bring an air trailer in late and mgt there is chewing

you out- why? Because the airplanes were late. Yeah man, feeder gets chewed out for things absolutely

110% not our faults...just like pkg. Do nothing? 14 hours of it.
18 years in package, 7th year in feeders. Feeders is an absolute piece of cake compared to package.
Never been chewed out for anything in feeders, in fact I don't think I've ever heard a harsh word from management.
Getting fat, HPB, diabetes, etc are all on you and the choices you make in your personal life, the company is not responsible for your diet and exercise program.
It's literally the easiest money I've ever made in my life, some days I still can't believe it.

quad decade guy

18 years in package, 7th year in feeders. Feeders is an absolute piece of cake compared to package.
Never been chewed out for anything in feeders, in fact I don't think I've ever heard a harsh word from management.
Getting fat, HPB, diabetes, etc are all on you and the choices you make in your personal life, the company is not responsible for your diet and exercise program.
It's literally the easiest money I've ever made in my life, some days I still can't believe it.

Never a harsh word.....lolololololololol

I still can't believe it either.

rocket man

So I live in Indiana and i saw there are openings in my area "Hammond" for tractor trailer driver. I currently have over 5 years at my current union company ABF as a local driver . I'm wondering would it be wise to switch as I figure i wouldn't pay Illinois taxes anymore and I kinda miss the otr part of driving? It says 30 an hour and looks to be full-time I just don't want to be put in a position of being layed off.

rocket man

So I live in Indiana and i saw there are openings in my area "Hammond" for tractor trailer driver. I currently have over 5 years at my current union company ABF as a local driver . I'm wondering would it be wise to switch as I figure i wouldn't pay Illinois taxes anymore and I kinda miss the otr part of driving? It says 30 an hour and looks to be full-time I just don't want to be put in a position of being layed off.
You must be a master before you can debate about becoming a tractor-trailer driver

542thruNthru

break, food
, pee in a bottle and still get chewed out when you get back in? Utopia.

Taking you lunch and breaks is part of the 340 methods. It is also unsafe to not rest.
Screenshot_20191110-160528_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I'm going to have to ignore Article 18 and report you for your unsafe behavior. It's for your own good and the good of the people that work around your unsafe behavior.