Delivery Area Surcharge

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The DAS ranges between $3.95 and $5.85 for FedEx and UPS, but that can climb higher in areas with ZIP codes categorized as “extended” or “remote.” The surcharge amount is influenced by the package being shipped via ground or air transportation and if it’s a commercial or residential delivery.
Boston, Massachusetts02108, 02109, 02110, 02111, 02113, 02114, 02116, 02127, 02203, 02210
Downtown Boston, The Waterfront, Chinatown, The North End, The West End , Back Bay, and South Boston hardly seem "remote".

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The DAS ranges between $3.95 and $5.85 for FedEx and UPS, but that can climb higher in areas with ZIP codes categorized as “extended” or “remote.” The surcharge amount is influenced by the package being shipped via ground or air transportation and if it’s a commercial or residential delivery.
Boston, Massachusetts02108, 02109, 02110, 02111, 02113, 02114, 02116, 02127, 02203, 02210
Downtown Boston, The Waterfront, Chinatown, The North End, The West End , Back Bay, and South Boston hardly seem "remote".
Dangerous maybe, remote, no.

BrownSnowFlake

“However, shippers do have options to minimize the surcharge’s impact, according to Fanelli. This includes consolidating packages destined for the same address into one shipment”

cool maybe instead of sending 6 target bags to one house they can throw all that stuff into 1 box, save the planet, save the whales

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
“However, shippers do have options to minimize the surcharge’s impact, according to Fanelli. This includes consolidating packages destined for the same address into one shipment”

cool maybe instead of sending 6 target bags to one house they can throw all that stuff into 1 box, save the planet, save the whales
Makes want to buy an EV

Looks like they are trying to stay out of the "hood"

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

I'm all for that. Guy next to me today had a stop in his bulk sheet, a known short term rental. Says 17 packages. He's thinking :censored2:, bunch of Adirondack chairs or some :censored2:...it was 17 individually packed books. SAME SHIPPER WTF!?

Makes want to buy an EV
200 (21).gif