DELL RETURNS

T

tranham

Dell will begin using UPS again starting Nov 1. This time we get all the volume,n ot just a percentage. I just hope this means that people can get a full time job here in Tennessee in less than 14yrs.

W

wkmac

No offense tranham but can we get confirmation of this concerning Dell coming back. Anybody else heard anything?

P

pretender

Yesterday, we had a straight truck with approx 100 Dell computers to be delivered to Eaton...

B

browndude

we had quite a load for all the usda offices this week too

P

peacock71

It is my understanding that DELL has returned to UPS after a brief, unsuccessful foray with FEDEX Ground and Home. UPS gave a little, but FEDEX does not yet have the network to deal with DELL. UPS never lost the logisitics biz. This is nice news on 2 fronts. DELL is back..and uPS showed some flexibility. It also shows that for large customers, who require scale AND quality, UPS is in first place.

Dude: Your getting a Brown Truck!

Go UPS!
P71

O

over9five

What did we give? I understood that to meet the Fedex price, we would only make 2 cents per package. I hope we didnt take Dell back for that!

R

rushfan

Hey, Great news! It was funny watching "A-Company" delivering 20 computers to a business out of their ford econoline vans. Better yet, there was one of them delivering some to a doctors office, without hand truck. He unloaded them at the front door near an elevator, would leave the stack and take the elevator up to the 3rd floor-carrying one at a time.
If I wanted a new computer, I could have had my choice.

(Message edited by rushfan on October 04, 2003)

B

browndude

i have also noticed that there are a lot of gateways getting on my truck now too.

U

upscorpis

In case you're still wondering, the return of Dell was officially announced a few days back. Hopefully, employees have or will be receiving a PCM on this. Apparently Dell customers were complaining about poor service with that other carrier. As well, UPS is providing an extra service by keeping refused shipments locally until Dell has a chance to recover the sale. Just wanted to close the loop on this topic.

D

deliver_man

I delivered one Dell system last night, had another one today but, of course, noone was home to sign for it......

D

dannyboy

Part of the agreement was that we would not send them back automaticly if the customer was NI3. THat helps Dell and UPS, as we loose our money if we have to return the computers.

d