Deputies: Wayne County man flees hit-and-run with UPS truck, tries hiding at friend's house

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Deputies: Wayne County man flees hit-and-run with UPS truck, tries hiding at friend's house - Victor Post

Deputies say 29-year-old Geno R. Thomas of Sodus fled the scene of the hit-and-run with a UPS truck in the Village of Newark on Wednesday night. Thomas was found at a friend’s Arcadia home shortly after trying to hide his vehicle. He tried to hide inside the house in a downstairs bathroom and stash the drugs he was carrying, according to investigators.

Thomas was charged with leaving the scene of a property damage accident, driving without a license, criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana. He is on parole and will appear in the Town of Arcadia Court at a later date.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had something similar happen to me. A drunk hit my package car while I was parked and fled the scene before the police arrived. He tried to hide his car in his mom's garage.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It does happen. It happened 3 times to me. One was a city bus, one was an ambulance not on duty, and the other was a suspected drunk. All were very minor to no damage at all. I was lucky.