Detroit Bankrupt

island1fox

As all the "Experts" claim --Bankrupt--the U.S. --NEVER.

Detroit first major city --Retired workers really going to feel it ---People have to wake up---There cannot be more takers than producers:sad-little:

oldngray

nowhere special
As all the "Experts" claim --Bankrupt--the U.S. --NEVER.

Detroit first major city --Retired workers really going to feel it ---People have to wake up---There cannot be more takers than producers:sad-little:

I get tired of unions always getting blamed when the problems are mostly public employee unions. The media never makes a distinction between public (paid for by tax dollars) and private unions. The news articles infer the problem in Detroit is the auto unions when its a completely different issue.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I get tired of unions always getting blamed when the problems are mostly public employee unions. The media never makes a distinction between public (paid for by tax dollars) and private unions. The news articles infer the problem in Detroit is the auto unions when its a completely different issue.
Motown's problems have been mounting for six decades and are the result of economic decline and rule by government unions. City Hall made unsustainable promises to public employees so retirement obligations now constitute half of its $18.5 billion debt.

DOWN AND OUT IN DETROIT

Upsmule

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

--Albert Einstein

Go ahead keep voting democrat. THIS time, they'll change things.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, Looks like half the bridge to Detroit is up for sale - Canada wants to buy it ! :)
The whole State of California might be up next for grabs !

island1fox

Biden claims he has no idea if the Federal Government can bail out Detroit --Obama knows nothing about until he reads the Sunday's papers after a game of golf.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Well, Looks like half the bridge to Detroit is up for sale - Canada wants to buy it ! :)
The whole State of California might be up next for grabs !

Tell you what...You can take the politicians that are running our state for FREE!!

Upsmule

Just like the 70's....this truly does say it all. Can't wait till Nov 2014. Hopefully we can begin the arduous process of re-'righting' America.......AGAIN.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I lived in Detroit in the 70's. ( I remember looking out the apt window, since I was not allowed outside alone) and seeing gas go from 25cents to 50, and everyone complaining about it. And watching the gas lines. I was 15, didnt know much about politics. Wondering how people could live like animals in cages. Coming from the country, it was a rough year for me. I hated every minute. Watching tv, and having two stations with local news, I did see how murder rate was so high, ended up being murder capital of the world that year. Stores getting robbed constantly, gunshots constantly. Still to this day, I do not know why anyone would want to live there, and I guess the economy had to be better then............................