DIAD...Cell Phones...Cancer risk?

trickpony1

There was a thread, on this very forum, some years ago in which the poster mentioned that two drivers, in his relatively small center, had brain cancer.

Take a statistics class and then tell me what the chances of that are.

When you get through with that tell me what a false plane is.

I'm waiting.......

Gear

Parts on Order
Oh great, another reason for you guys to complain about how hard your job is on your bodies.

"This job is killing my knees and back," So much more then other labor jobs.
"The diad gave my cancer." lol. So what, we're all going to die.

Mechanics are just as bad. "Oh my knees,". How long have been a mech, 2 days?

All labor jobs are hard on your body. Skilled or unskilled.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Work caused cancer might be in a different category, no?

More studies will need to be done. Is the DIAD on consistently, or does it fluctuate? I say this because guys holding the DIAD in the holding pouch might be at a higher risk for testicular cancer for example.

Oh great, another reason for you guys to complain about how hard your job is on your bodies.

"This job is killing my knees and back," So much more then other labor jobs.
"The diad gave my cancer." lol. So what, we're all going to die.

Mechanics are just as bad. "Oh my knees,". How long have been a mech, 2 days?

All labor jobs are hard on your body. Skilled or unskilled.
I have never heard anyone say it is tougher than other labor jobs. But I have heard mgmt say "your knees hurt because you're just getting older. You're probably not grabbing the handrail." That couldn't be further from the truth.

Gear

Parts on Order

More studies will need to be done. Is the DIAD on consistently, or does it fluctuate? I say this because guys holding the DIAD in the holding pouch might be at a higher risk for testicular cancer for example.

I guess. You guys breathe in exhaust fumes all day from the older trucks and or dust from driving around with the doors open. Some of those cabs are so dusty, your lungs have to look similar. Not having AC doesn't give you much choice. They should do a study to see how many of you guys end up with COPD. Like coal miners getting black lung. Side effects of the job.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Work caused cancer might be in a different category, no?.
Not really. Remember there are plenty of jobs that require someone carry a device on them. Plus other jobs are exposed to some levels of radiation.

Someone who travels often for instance will experience higher levels of radiation due to flying. Concorde, for example, used to carry a radiation sensor in case it got too high. Some business jets as well.

Indecisi0n

Anyone need an exam?